Help: javascript +noscript for frames how to impliment?

William.R.Reisen

Hi,

I have been reading this article of how to impliment frames so they
stay framed in lots of different browsers:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm

Not being very techy I am finding it hard to work out what bit of code
to put on the pages that aren't the default pages of a frameset
(meaning NOT the ones that load within the frameset when you point
your browser at frameset.htm)
If you put the code in from the default page into the non default
pages then you just get the frameset coming up with all the default
pages in place.

There are some example pages at the base of:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm but just the default
pages are covered.

There is a previous article here:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js013/index.htm
that has several pages in each window of a frameset and what code to
put on the non-default pages. I can't see how this can be adapted for
the more advanced version here:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm

Alan Wood

I have been reading this article of how to impliment frames so they
stay framed in lots of different browsers:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm

Not being very techy I am finding it hard to work out what bit of code
to put on the pages that aren't the default pages of a frameset
(meaning NOT the ones that load within the frameset when you point
your browser at frameset.htm)

William

You need to create a separate frameset for each possible combination
of framed pages. This can be a lot of work, and is one of the factors
that make frames unpopular with some people.

If you want to see a real example, go here:

<http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/index_mf2_frame.html>

The index on the left is so big that it is divided into 5 separate
files, each with its own frameset.