Help: javascript +noscript for frames how to impliment?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by William.R.Reisen, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have been reading this article of how to impliment frames so they
    stay framed in lots of different browsers:
    http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm

    Not being very techy I am finding it hard to work out what bit of code
    to put on the pages that aren't the default pages of a frameset
    (meaning NOT the ones that load within the frameset when you point
    your browser at frameset.htm)
    If you put the code in from the default page into the non default
    pages then you just get the frameset coming up with all the default
    pages in place.

    There are some example pages at the base of:
    http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm but just the default
    pages are covered.

    There is a previous article here:
    http://tech.irt.org/articles/js013/index.htm
    that has several pages in each window of a frameset and what code to
    put on the non-default pages. I can't see how this can be adapted for
    the more advanced version here:
    http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm

    William.R.Reisen, Jul 25, 2003

  2. William.R.Reisen

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    William.R.Reisen said...

    > I have been reading this article of how to impliment frames so they
    > stay framed in lots of different browsers:

    you shouldn't be using frames in the first place, not discovering
    broken ways to fix broken frames.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
    http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/www/frames/

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/July/2003 11:20:37 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 25, 2003

  3. William.R.Reisen

    Alan Wood Guest

    (William.R.Reisen) wrote in message news:<>...

    > I have been reading this article of how to impliment frames so they
    > stay framed in lots of different browsers:
    > http://tech.irt.org/articles/js126/index.htm
    >
    > Not being very techy I am finding it hard to work out what bit of code
    > to put on the pages that aren't the default pages of a frameset
    > (meaning NOT the ones that load within the frameset when you point
    > your browser at frameset.htm)

    William

    You need to create a separate frameset for each possible combination
    of framed pages. This can be a lot of work, and is one of the factors
    that make frames unpopular with some people.

    If you want to see a real example, go here:

    <http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/index_mf2_frame.html>

    The index on the left is so big that it is divided into 5 separate
    files, each with its own frameset.

    --
    Alan Wood
    http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)