Help me with is code

Public Interest

i am trying to use proxy 64.161.246.100:8080

original code without proxy:
use Net::HTTP;
#
my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => 'quote.yahoo.com') || die $@;
$s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
print %h;
$location=$h{'Location'} ;
print $location;

it find that the location is http://finance.yahoo.com/?

now use it with proxy:
use Net::HTTP;
#
my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => '64.161.246.100:8080') || die $@;
$s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
print %h;
$location=$h{'Location'} ;
print $location;

in the header, it shows no location

I tested the proxy in IE, it works fine when I typed http://quote.yahoo.com
and it forwards me to http://finance.yahoo.com/? So that means the proxy is
set up perfectly handling header Location. One other strainge thing is when
I try to use the script to hit my own server, my server log file does not
even show the hit which requests the redirect header.

Tom

Public Interest said:
i am trying to use proxy 64.161.246.100:8080

original code without proxy:
use Net::HTTP;
#
my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => 'quote.yahoo.com') || die $@;
$s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
print %h;
$location=$h{'Location'} ;
print $location;

it find that the location is http://finance.yahoo.com/?

Just curious, but was wondering where you got your idea?
I'm working on something similar, but artificially intelligent and with
features no one has ever done before.
I did tell a few people about my idea, so it could have spread.

Doesn't really matter though, since all that can happen is the more people
with this the better it works.

Mine is almost fully functional, but my regular job is preventing me from
finishing this for some time to come.

Depending on what you are doing, possibly we could share some ideas, or
possibly some of the work.
I'll have to think about it; depends on who you work for and what your goal
is, etc.

Post a contact here if interested.

Public Interest

Dear Tom,
I work for nobody. I mainly two things:
1 scan stocks: I scan the whole yahoo for dataming. I can also scan other
websites for some paid data. For instance, yahoo asks me to pay $ for an
advanced screening and I don't want to pay it, so I scan the whole website
to get the data and save it on my PC. I indeed try to sell the screen result
on it. For instance, I scan stocks greater than .9 and less than 10 with
volume more than 50K and P/B less than 10, then I use the data to scan
another Hedge Fund database to see how much hedge funds bought on those
shares... Every info I scan is public, but I just use Perl to do an EYE job.
I also do complicated scans such as finding the real price/book value=
marketcap/(equity-goodwill-intengible). This ratio is no where to be found,
but it is super good at picking value stocks...
2 I run a website, which compete with nobody. I use a free classfies to
attrach visitors then I get paid by clicks...
I indeed have done great deals on stock research. I am a super Bear who
makes money in stocks. I know many are trading like me, but they have no
idea on programming. I have not known anyone makes less than 50% average a
year. The best makes 200% this year the worst lost 10% when Nasdaq/S&P lost
40%. My program can pin-point intraday highs and lows with 85% accuracy. I
play spreads to make money easiler to make 3% per 2-3 days... Too easy to
make money in stocks. I managed a big stock fund in China, several years
ago. It is too easy to make money in US stock market.

I guess your AI has a lot of datamining, because Perl is the best
programming lang for datamining: Simple to think, less to program. Dataming
does not require speed or memory functions very much.

If you could help me with my code, just show me what is wrong here. Thank
you.
My voicemail is 603-316-2556. You will not talk to me personally, but you
can leave a message. I don't post my real email here, but I got 10-60 virus
spam per day after I did so last time.

I did not steal your idea. My idea was totally mine. I started doing that
way back in 96-97.

Tom

Public Interest said:
[...]

I never said you stole any ideas.
It doesn't even matter anyway. It's not going to change the market, or what
my AI can pick.
I have features no one else has come up with before, but I'm a long ways
from being done.
All I know is the research I did up front, as well as prelim results I am
calculating, I am confident I can do better than 1 or 2 % each trading day.
That's all anyone needs, as I'm sure you know.
However, I have reason to believe I can even do better than that, we'll see.
I answered your email with the addy you posted and it was a borkers, for a
big firm.
I'm not interested in helping the enemy. :)
I'm not sure how I can help you via voice messaging.

Public Interest

Tom said:
I never said you stole any ideas.
It doesn't even matter anyway. It's not going to change the market, or what
my AI can pick.
I have features no one else has come up with before, but I'm a long ways
from being done.
All I know is the research I did up front, as well as prelim results I am
calculating, I am confident I can do better than 1 or 2 % each trading day.
That's all anyone needs, as I'm sure you know.
However, I have reason to believe I can even do better than that, we'll see.
I answered your email with the addy you posted and it was a borkers, for a
big firm.
I'm not interested in helping the enemy. :)
I'm not sure how I can help you via voice messaging.

My dear friend, I work for no brokerage firms. I just put some hated
company's email address here. I can put whatever address here. All of my IPs
are from Dial-up. Do you think if I work in the brokage firm, I would have
to use a dial-up for internet access? Sure, I can hide my IP too, but I am
doing nothing illegal, so I don't think I will run into trouble.

Please contact my via my voicemail at 603-316-2556. All you need to do is to
leave your phone number or email address. My email is speedierco which is in
yahoo. You know what to do with yahoo and speedierco to form an email.
Right? Please put something uniqu in your message subject, otherwise, your
email will be deleted automatically as spam.

I think our ideas are very close from that you say "just 1-2%" better. All
financial indictors are made of Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, those 5
numbers, but there are way many hidden info in the intra-day, tick by tick
data. If you have done datamining before, there are ways to find intra-day
highs and lows... That was my work. But it is just a method for short-term
trading. I found other ways to use datamining for trading totally based on
perl, which is easier: trade only several times a months, not several times
a week...

Public Interest

So long then.

Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams? I opened a
temp address last time and within 3 days I put a message on newsgroup, I
start getting 10 the "MS patch" virus per hour. I am not sure if somebody
scaned my address or his/her computer is infected with this virus.

Tad McClellan

Public Interest said:
Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams?

No.

I didn't say don't munge.

You _could_ have munged without inspiring killfiling...

Lots of email will go to the address you post with.

You posted with the address of the "hated broker", so you are
causing _them_ to get lots of email.

You have launched a DOS attack of sorts.

Munge without damaging others, or don't munge.

http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html#how-not-mung

Tom

Public Interest said:
Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams? I opened a
temp address last time and within 3 days I put a message on newsgroup, I
start getting 10 the "MS patch" virus per hour. I am not sure if somebody
scaned my address or his/her computer is infected with this virus.

don't wworry about it. no one has to receieve spam.
I'll answer your email.

Public Interest

Tad McClellan said:
No.

I didn't say don't munge.

You _could_ have munged without inspiring killfiling...

OK, I have changed my email to a non-existance email
Lots of email will go to the address you post with.

That was not the initial intension. I was using the email addess; @ or
_@_.__, but the newsgroup blocks such address now, so I grabed a email on a
page I was just watching, without puting much thought on it, knowing I don't
like them. Usually, I will use (e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
You posted with the address of the "hated broker", so you are
causing _them_ to get lots of email.

Talking about spam, Do you know SPAM can be easily stoped with a 100% rate?
I designed the 2 systems which can do this.
System 1, why there are fewer postal mail spam than email spam? Because
postage is not free. This can be done with the sender pays 1c to the
receiver to receive the money/credit for reading. In a personal world,
people send to and receive equal number of mails form friends, so it
balances out. It is like some verifying system, which is currently done by
some other system without much success.
System 2. all bulk non spam mailers are business/org related, so they must
afford a hosting server. Put the message on a webserver, and when a mail
server receives the bulk, it will first go to the url within the email to
compare the document, If 90% matchs, then the server pass the mail. If it is
still a spam, the hosting will be shut-off, or the ower will pay.

You have launched a DOS attack of sorts.
That was my worries. I don't want to bring any harm to anyone. If it is
illegal, then I will stop.

Munge without damaging others, or don't munge.
Ok, I got it and will follow. As my name, public interest, I want to help
the people by bring the cap of the poor and rich smaller. I want to be
educated and educating.

Tad McClellan

1. You must munge so you will not get a lot of spam.

Talking about spam, Do you know SPAM can be easily stoped with a 100% rate?
I designed the 2 systems which can do this.

2. You do not get any spam due to your filters.

So why is it that you must munge?

Keith Keller

Randal L. Schwartz

Purl> Several years back, I used a harmless munged email address
Purl> for this newsgroup. You know what you boys did in response,
Purl> none of which is ethical.

If you're referring to your "purlgurl.net" address, that's not
harmless.

You're allowed to use a munged address, as long as it would
never be valid now, or in the future.

Public Interest

Keith Keller said:

You did, eh?

Uh-huh. How does payment change hands?

Pay whom? And can't bulk spam mailers afford a hosting server, too?

Considering how you can't even articulate clearly your system that stops
spam with a 100% rate, I'm not sure how you expect anyone to believe
that your system could ever work, especially since you haven't posted
any code (or links to code) for your alleged system.

You say so, but you still haven't fixed your From: email address.

- --keith

Should I use I designed two ideas? The anti-spam systems are too easy to
design and too easy to implement. I don't have the system running, so I
still have to use fake email address. International calls are paid by
caller's countries. Hosting traffics are paid by hosters. Mailservers should
pay for sending out info too. It does not matter if the Governing system is
profitable or not, because it reduce PULLUTION of SPAM. A payment system
make the fiction of mailing. Spam works only because sending is FREE. Spamer
can set up a spam from a DSL or cable and hide Ip via Socks Proxy, but
Nobody can hide their ID from hosting service. Got it? That way all spams
can be tracked via creditcard, physical address...

Public Interest

2. You do not get any spam due to your filters.

So why is it that you must munge?
Because it is just an idea. I don't have any filters running. Although it is
not difficult to program in perl.

Tom

Thus far, you have only been subjected to the usual childish
behavior of some regulars here. Consider yourself lucky, at
least until this sociopathic lunatic regular in this group
decides to play demigod, with you personally.

Where were you when I was being picked on? :)