Help me with is code

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Public Interest, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. i am trying to use proxy 64.161.246.100:8080

    original code without proxy:
    use Net::HTTP;
    #
    my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => 'quote.yahoo.com') || die $@;
    $s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
    'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
    my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
    print %h;
    $location=$h{'Location'} ;
    print $location;

    it find that the location is http://finance.yahoo.com/?

    now use it with proxy:
    use Net::HTTP;
    #
    my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => '64.161.246.100:8080') || die $@;
    $s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
    'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
    my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
    print %h;
    $location=$h{'Location'} ;
    print $location;

    in the header, it shows no location

    I tested the proxy in IE, it works fine when I typed http://quote.yahoo.com
    and it forwards me to http://finance.yahoo.com/? So that means the proxy is
    set up perfectly handling header Location. One other strainge thing is when
    I try to use the script to hit my own server, my server log file does not
    even show the hit which requests the redirect header.

    Public Interest, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Public Interest

    Tom Guest

    "Public Interest" <> wrote in message
    > i am trying to use proxy 64.161.246.100:8080
    >
    > original code without proxy:
    > use Net::HTTP;
    > #
    > my $s = Net::HTTP->new(Host => 'quote.yahoo.com') || die $@;
    > $s->write_request(GET => 'http://quote.yahoo.com', 'User-Agent' =>
    > 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)' );
    > my($code, $mess, %h) = $s->read_response_headers;
    > print %h;
    > $location=$h{'Location'} ;
    > print $location;
    >
    > it find that the location is http://finance.yahoo.com/?

    Just curious, but was wondering where you got your idea?
    I'm working on something similar, but artificially intelligent and with
    features no one has ever done before.
    I did tell a few people about my idea, so it could have spread.

    Doesn't really matter though, since all that can happen is the more people
    with this the better it works.

    Mine is almost fully functional, but my regular job is preventing me from
    finishing this for some time to come.

    Depending on what you are doing, possibly we could share some ideas, or
    possibly some of the work.
    I'll have to think about it; depends on who you work for and what your goal
    is, etc.

    Post a contact here if interested.

    Tom, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Dear Tom,
    I work for nobody. I mainly two things:
    1 scan stocks: I scan the whole yahoo for dataming. I can also scan other
    websites for some paid data. For instance, yahoo asks me to pay $ for an
    advanced screening and I don't want to pay it, so I scan the whole website
    to get the data and save it on my PC. I indeed try to sell the screen result
    on it. For instance, I scan stocks greater than .9 and less than 10 with
    volume more than 50K and P/B less than 10, then I use the data to scan
    another Hedge Fund database to see how much hedge funds bought on those
    shares... Every info I scan is public, but I just use Perl to do an EYE job.
    I also do complicated scans such as finding the real price/book value=
    marketcap/(equity-goodwill-intengible). This ratio is no where to be found,
    but it is super good at picking value stocks...
    2 I run a website, which compete with nobody. I use a free classfies to
    attrach visitors then I get paid by clicks...
    I indeed have done great deals on stock research. I am a super Bear who
    makes money in stocks. I know many are trading like me, but they have no
    idea on programming. I have not known anyone makes less than 50% average a
    year. The best makes 200% this year the worst lost 10% when Nasdaq/S&P lost
    40%. My program can pin-point intraday highs and lows with 85% accuracy. I
    play spreads to make money easiler to make 3% per 2-3 days... Too easy to
    make money in stocks. I managed a big stock fund in China, several years
    ago. It is too easy to make money in US stock market.

    I guess your AI has a lot of datamining, because Perl is the best
    programming lang for datamining: Simple to think, less to program. Dataming
    does not require speed or memory functions very much.

    If you could help me with my code, just show me what is wrong here. Thank
    you.
    My voicemail is 603-316-2556. You will not talk to me personally, but you
    can leave a message. I don't post my real email here, but I got 10-60 virus
    spam per day after I did so last time.

    I did not steal your idea. My idea was totally mine. I started doing that
    way back in 96-97.

    Public Interest, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Public Interest

    > Dear Tom,
    > I work for nobody. I mainly two things:
    > 1 scan stocks: I scan the whole yahoo for dataming. I can also scan other
    > websites for some paid data. For instance, yahoo asks me to pay $ for an
    > advanced screening and I don't want to pay it, so I scan the whole website
    > to get the data and save it on my PC. I indeed try to sell the screen

    result
    > on it. For instance, I scan stocks greater than .9 and less than 10 with
    > volume more than 50K and P/B less than 10, then I use the data to scan
    > another Hedge Fund database to see how much hedge funds bought on those
    > shares... Every info I scan is public, but I just use Perl to do an EYE

    job.
    > I also do complicated scans such as finding the real price/book value=
    > marketcap/(equity-goodwill-intengible). This ratio is no where to be

    found,
    > but it is super good at picking value stocks...
    > 2 I run a website, which compete with nobody. I use a free classfies to
    > attrach visitors then I get paid by clicks...
    > I indeed have done great deals on stock research. I am a super Bear who
    > makes money in stocks. I know many are trading like me, but they have no
    > idea on programming. I have not known anyone makes less than 50% average a
    > year. The best makes 200% this year the worst lost 10% when Nasdaq/S&P

    lost
    > 40%. My program can pin-point intraday highs and lows with 85% accuracy. I
    > play spreads to make money easiler to make 3% per 2-3 days... Too easy to
    > make money in stocks. I managed a big stock fund in China, several years
    > ago. It is too easy to make money in US stock market.
    >
    > I guess your AI has a lot of datamining, because Perl is the best
    > programming lang for datamining: Simple to think, less to program.

    Dataming
    > does not require speed or memory functions very much.
    >
    > If you could help me with my code, just show me what is wrong here. Thank
    > you.
    > My voicemail is 603-316-2556. You will not talk to me personally, but you
    > can leave a message. I don't post my real email here, but I got 10-60

    virus
    > spam per day after I did so last time.
    >
    > I did not steal your idea. My idea was totally mine. I started doing that
    > way back in 96-97.

    I never said you stole any ideas.
    It doesn't even matter anyway. It's not going to change the market, or what
    my AI can pick.
    I have features no one else has come up with before, but I'm a long ways
    from being done.
    All I know is the research I did up front, as well as prelim results I am
    calculating, I am confident I can do better than 1 or 2 % each trading day.
    That's all anyone needs, as I'm sure you know.
    However, I have reason to believe I can even do better than that, we'll see.
    I answered your email with the addy you posted and it was a borkers, for a
    big firm.
    I'm not interested in helping the enemy. :)
    I'm not sure how I can help you via voice messaging.

    Tom, Oct 20, 2003
  5. "Tom" <> дÈëÓʼþ news:...

> [...]

    > > way back in 96-97.

    > I never said you stole any ideas.
    > It doesn't even matter anyway. It's not going to change the market, or

    what
    > my AI can pick.
    > I have features no one else has come up with before, but I'm a long ways
    > from being done.
    > All I know is the research I did up front, as well as prelim results I am
    > calculating, I am confident I can do better than 1 or 2 % each trading

    day.
    > That's all anyone needs, as I'm sure you know.
    > However, I have reason to believe I can even do better than that, we'll

    see.
    > I answered your email with the addy you posted and it was a borkers, for a
    > big firm.
    > I'm not interested in helping the enemy. :)
    > I'm not sure how I can help you via voice messaging.

    My dear friend, I work for no brokerage firms. I just put some hated
    company's email address here. I can put whatever address here. All of my IPs
    are from Dial-up. Do you think if I work in the brokage firm, I would have
    to use a dial-up for internet access? Sure, I can hide my IP too, but I am
    doing nothing illegal, so I don't think I will run into trouble.

    Please contact my via my voicemail at 603-316-2556. All you need to do is to
    leave your phone number or email address. My email is speedierco which is in
    yahoo. You know what to do with yahoo and speedierco to form an email.
    Right? Please put something uniqu in your message subject, otherwise, your
    email will be deleted automatically as spam.

    I think our ideas are very close from that you say "just 1-2%" better. All
    financial indictors are made of Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, those 5
    numbers, but there are way many hidden info in the intra-day, tick by tick
    data. If you have done datamining before, there are ways to find intra-day
    highs and lows... That was my work. But it is just a method for short-term
    trading. I found other ways to use datamining for trading totally based on
    perl, which is easier: trade only several times a months, not several times
    a week...

    Public Interest, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Public Interest <> wrote:

    > I can put whatever address here.

    So long then.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 20, 2003
  7. >
    > > I can put whatever address here.

    > So long then.
    >

    > --
    > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > Perl programming
    > Fort Worth, Texas

    Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams? I opened a
    temp address last time and within 3 days I put a message on newsgroup, I
    start getting 10 the "MS patch" virus per hour. I am not sure if somebody
    scaned my address or his/her computer is infected with this virus.

    Public Interest, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Public Interest <> wrote:

    >> > I can put whatever address here.

    >> So long then.

    > Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams?

    No.

    I didn't say don't munge.

    You _could_ have munged without inspiring killfiling...

    Lots of email will go to the address you post with.

    You posted with the address of the "hated broker", so you are
    causing _them_ to get lots of email.

    You have launched a DOS attack of sorts.

    Munge without damaging others, or don't munge.

    http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html#how-not-mung

    Tad McClellan, Oct 21, 2003
  9. Public Interest

    > > > I can put whatever address here.

    > > So long then.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > > Perl programming
    > > Fort Worth, Texas

    > Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams? I opened

    > temp address last time and within 3 days I put a message on newsgroup, I
    > start getting 10 the "MS patch" virus per hour. I am not sure if somebody
    > scaned my address or his/her computer is infected with this virus.

    don't wworry about it. no one has to receieve spam.
    I'll answer your email.

    Tom, Oct 21, 2003
  10. Tom <> wrote:

    > I'll answer your email.

    Usenet is not email.

    Tad McClellan, Oct 21, 2003
  11. "Tad McClellan" <> дÈëÓʼþ

    > >> So long then.

    > > Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams?

    > No.
    >
    > I didn't say don't munge.
    >
    > You _could_ have munged without inspiring killfiling...

    OK, I have changed my email to a non-existance email

    > Lots of email will go to the address you post with.

    That was not the initial intension. I was using the email addess; @ or
    _@_.__, but the newsgroup blocks such address now, so I grabed a email on a
    page I was just watching, without puting much thought on it, knowing I don't
    like them. Usually, I will use

    > You posted with the address of the "hated broker", so you are
    > causing _them_ to get lots of email.

    Talking about spam, Do you know SPAM can be easily stoped with a 100% rate?
    I designed the 2 systems which can do this.
    System 1, why there are fewer postal mail spam than email spam? Because
    postage is not free. This can be done with the sender pays 1c to the
    receiver to receive the money/credit for reading. In a personal world,
    people send to and receive equal number of mails form friends, so it
    balances out. It is like some verifying system, which is currently done by
    some other system without much success.
    System 2. all bulk non spam mailers are business/org related, so they must
    afford a hosting server. Put the message on a webserver, and when a mail
    server receives the bulk, it will first go to the url within the email to
    compare the document, If 90% matchs, then the server pass the mail. If it is
    still a spam, the hosting will be shut-off, or the ower will pay.

    > You have launched a DOS attack of sorts.

    That was my worries. I don't want to bring any harm to anyone. If it is
    illegal, then I will stop.

    > Munge without damaging others, or don't munge.

    Ok, I got it and will follow. As my name, public interest, I want to help
    the people by bring the cap of the poor and rich smaller. I want to be
    educated and educating.

    Public Interest, Oct 21, 2003
  12. Purl Gurl <> wrote:
    > Tad McClellan wrote:
    >> Tom wrote:

    >> > I'll answer your email.

    >> Usenet is not email.

    > Ask all participants here to post to this
    > newsgroup without using an email client.

    Why?

    Tad McClellan, Oct 21, 2003
  13. Public Interest <> wrote:
    > "Tad McClellan" <> дÈëÓʼþ
    >> Public Interest <> wrote:

    >> > Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams?

    1. You must munge so you will not get a lot of spam.

    > Talking about spam, Do you know SPAM can be easily stoped with a 100% rate?
    > I designed the 2 systems which can do this.

    2. You do not get any spam due to your filters.

    So why is it that you must munge?

    Tad McClellan, Oct 21, 2003
  14. Public Interest

    Keith Keller Guest

    Keith Keller, Oct 21, 2003
  15. >>>>> "Purl" == Purl Gurl <> writes:

    Purl> Several years back, I used a harmless munged email address
    Purl> for this newsgroup. You know what you boys did in response,
    Purl> none of which is ethical.

    If you're referring to your "purlgurl.net" address, that's not
    harmless.

    You're allowed to use a munged address, as long as it would
    never be valid now, or in the future.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Oct 21, 2003
  16. "Keith Keller" <-francisco.ca.us> дÈëÓʼþ

    > On 2003-10-21, Public Interest <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Talking about spam, Do you know SPAM can be easily stoped with a 100%

    rate?
    > > I designed the 2 systems which can do this.

    > You did, eh?
    >
    > > System 1, why there are fewer postal mail spam than email spam? Because
    > > postage is not free. This can be done with the sender pays 1c to the
    > > receiver to receive the money/credit for reading. In a personal world,
    > > people send to and receive equal number of mails form friends, so it
    > > balances out. It is like some verifying system, which is currently done

    by
    > > some other system without much success.

    > Uh-huh. How does payment change hands?
    >
    > > System 2. all bulk non spam mailers are business/org related, so they

    must
    > > afford a hosting server. Put the message on a webserver, and when a mail
    > > server receives the bulk, it will first go to the url within the email

    > > compare the document, If 90% matchs, then the server pass the mail. If

    it is
    > > still a spam, the hosting will be shut-off, or the ower will pay.

    > Pay whom? And can't bulk spam mailers afford a hosting server, too?
    >
    > Considering how you can't even articulate clearly your system that stops
    > spam with a 100% rate, I'm not sure how you expect anyone to believe
    > that your system could ever work, especially since you haven't posted
    > any code (or links to code) for your alleged system.
    >
    > > Ok, I got it and will follow. As my name, public interest, I want to

    help
    > > the people by bring the cap of the poor and rich smaller. I want to be
    > > educated and educating.

    > You say so, but you still haven't fixed your From: email address.
    >
    > - --keith

    Should I use I designed two ideas? The anti-spam systems are too easy to
    design and too easy to implement. I don't have the system running, so I
    still have to use fake email address. International calls are paid by
    caller's countries. Hosting traffics are paid by hosters. Mailservers should
    pay for sending out info too. It does not matter if the Governing system is
    profitable or not, because it reduce PULLUTION of SPAM. A payment system
    make the fiction of mailing. Spam works only because sending is FREE. Spamer
    can set up a spam from a DSL or cable and hide Ip via Socks Proxy, but
    Nobody can hide their ID from hosting service. Got it? That way all spams
    can be tracked via creditcard, physical address...

    Public Interest, Oct 21, 2003

  17. > 2. You do not get any spam due to your filters.

    > So why is it that you must munge?

    Because it is just an idea. I don't have any filters running. Although it is
    not difficult to program in perl.

    Public Interest, Oct 21, 2003
  18. Public Interest

    Tom Guest

    > A minor reason, a most insignificant reason, I purchased
    > my originally munged domain, is simply to piss off you boys.
    >

    > Purl Gurl
    > --
    > Rock Midis! Science Fiction! Amazing Androids!
    > http://www.purlgurl.net/~callgirl/

    right on! ;)

    Tom, Oct 21, 2003
  19. Public Interest

    Tom Guest

    "Tad McClellan" <> wrote in message
    > Tom <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'll answer your email.

    > Usenet is not email.

    I was referring to answering him via direct email, which I did.

    Tom, Oct 21, 2003
  20. Public Interest

    Tom Guest

    Re: Off Topic - Ignore (Re: Help me with is code)

    > Thus far, you have only been subjected to the usual childish
    > behavior of some regulars here. Consider yourself lucky, at
    > least until this sociopathic lunatic regular in this group
    > decides to play demigod, with you personally.

    Where were you when I was being picked on? :)

    Tom, Oct 21, 2003