Help: .NET application configuration

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ted, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Ted

    Ted Guest

    I have written two almost identical applications:
    (a) .NET C# console application which calls an ActiveX object (accessible
    using blah.exe)
    (b) ASP.NET C# application which calls an ActiveX object (accessible using
    http://localhost/blah.aspx)

    In both applications, my ActiveX object is instantiated with no problems and
    calls to methods within it do not fail. However, in the ASP.NET application,
    the calls to the methods do not perform the operation. The method mentioned
    talks to a USB device.

    My understanding is that both use the RCW method to access the ActiveX
    object.

    For the ASP.NET application, the webform UI/buttons come up fine.

    However, my questions is do I have to enable anything from the ASP.NET side
    to allow proper access to the RCW or related ActiveX object?

    I have also left a question on the .NET general page - unfortunately, with
    no reply yet.

    Ted
    Ted, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Ted

    Evertjan. Guest

    Ted wrote on 08 dec 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > However, my questions is do I have to enable anything from the ASP.NET

    Sorry, this NG is classic ASP only.

    Please ask a dotnet group

    --
    Evertjan.