    Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    Thanks a lot.

    Roberto
    Roberto Rasto, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Roberto Rasto

    red floyd Guest

    Roberto Rasto wrote:
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not so
    > little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    This is a FAQ.

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/compiler-dependencies.html#faq-38.4
    red floyd, Apr 30, 2007

  3. "Roberto Rasto" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not
    > so little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Roberto

    This and the things it links to may be of some interest to you.

    http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm

    It is good that you've lowered your standards and don't want a "perfect"
    decompiler; because theoretically such a thing can't exist. Each source
    program has a unique machine-language representation under a certain
    compiler, but the reverse isn't true.

    I've never tried such a tool, but it should be possible to get function
    boundaries (although perhaps not the names), calling hierarchy, parameter
    numbers and types, local variables, loops and control flow, and a few other
    things.
    --
    David T. Ashley ()
    http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page)
    David T. Ashley, May 1, 2007
  4. Roberto Rasto

    saf Guest

    Roberto Rasto wrote:
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not so
    > little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    gdb of GNU.

    --
    saf
    saf, Jun 8, 2007
  5. Roberto Rasto

    Flash Gordon Guest

    saf wrote, On 08/06/07 12:55:
    > Roberto Rasto wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    >> I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    >> understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is
    >> not so little.
    >> I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    >> decompilation.
    >>
    >> Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    > gdb of GNU.

    Why cross-post to a C++ group (comp.lang.c++) when it has nothing to do
    with C++? I've removed it from this post.

    Also gdb is NOT a decompiler it is a debugger. To show the source it
    reads the source file as well as debugging information.

    As to the OPs question, can the OP recreate a cow from a pile of burgers?

    Decompiling cannot give you the original source and often it also cannot
    give you anything useful, especially if (as is usually the case) the
    code was passed through an optimiser.

    In any case, tools are not topical on comp.lang.c, we only discus the
    language itself, so I'm setting follow-ups to exclude it.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon, Jun 8, 2007