Help on cgi/perl programs to port, view and edit reports

rk

Hi,

I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs to post a report like the
following format in which the the user has to feed the values(nos) in
the boxes under

% Done Qual Rel. Stab P1 p2 P3....

and boxes under

good news
badnews
Hotbugs

I could not able to provide the boxes here.

and finally he/she can hit the submit button to report the report to
web page.

Once the values are submitted, then based on the total bugs and their
priority, the view reports should show the colors as mentioned in the
Legend.

I tried to wrote the scripts to test the login to page and submit the
reports. I need to some help to finish the programs. Can some one
please help me or send me some sample scripts. Basically i need to
write scripts like Login, makeReport, viewReport, editReport.

o EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: (Test status based on <S/W> release: Build)
o ====================
o Test % Rel. ( OPEN BUGS--integrated )
o Area plan Done Qual Stab this week Overall total
o P1 - P2 - P3 - rfe P1 - P2 - P3 -
rfe Total
o -- -- -- --- -- -- --
--- --

o Install
o Agent
o Console
o Server

Legend:
Rel/Stab Key: Green - on plan Qual Key: Green - no P3, P2,
or P1
Yellow - behind but able Yellow - P2 or P3
bugs
to recover Red - P1 bugs
Red - too far behind schedule to
recover

o Good
o Bad
o Test Stoppers:

o Hot Bugs:

o Issues:

|SUBMIT REPORT| |CLEAR REPORT|

makeReport.sh
-------------
#!/bin/sh

echo Content-type: text/html
echo
echo "<HTML>"
echo "<H2>Make Report not done...</H2>"
date=`date`
echo "<PRE>$date</PRE>"
echo "</P><P><A HREF="../makeReport.html">Go Back</A></P>"
echo "</BODY></HTML>"
~
~

test.cgi
-------
#!/bin/sh

echo Content-type: text/html
echo
echo "<HTML>"
echo "<BODY>"
#!/bin/sh

echo Content-type: text/html
echo
echo "<HTML>"
echo "<BODY>"
echo "<H2>Are you there?</H2>"

echo "<PRE>1) ${WWW_theName}</PRE>"
echo "<PRE>2) ${theName}</PRE>"
echo "<PRE>3) ${1}</PRE>"
echo "<P>Content file: $CONTENT_FILE<P>"
echo "<P>Content length: $CONTENT_LENGTH<P>"
echo "<P>Path Info: $PATH_INFO<P>"
echo "<P>Path translated: $PATH_TRANSLATED<P>"
echo "<P>Query string: $QUERY_STRING<P>"
echo "<P>Server software:$SERVER_SOFTWARE<P>"
echo "<P>Server name: $SERVER_NAME<P>"
echo "<P>Server port: $SERVER_PORT<P>"
echo "<P>Content type: $CONTENT_TYPE<P>"
echo "<P>Request method: $REQUEST_METHOD<P>"
echo "<P>Request line: $REQUEST_LINE<P>"
echo "<P>Gateway interface: $GATEWAY_INTERFACE<P>"
echo "<P>Script name: $SCRIPT_NAME<P>"

echo "<P>"
if [ ! -z "$WWW_theName" ]; then
echo "$WWW_theName is logged in..."
else
echo "$WWW_theName isn't logged in..."
fi

Thanks in advance
rm

Jürgen Exner

rk said:
I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs

Both of your programs below are shell scripts and they have nothing to do
with Perl whatsoever.
However, even CLP would have been a newsgroup that deals with shell scripts
(which it doesn't), then still your question is about CGI and HTML forms.
Neither of which has anything to do with any particular programming
language.
You will be better of asking in a NG, that actually deals with CGI like e.g.
comp.authoring.infosystems.cgi or so.

jue