Help on cgi/perl programs to port, view and edit reports

Discussion in 'Perl' started by rk, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. rk

    rk Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs to post a report like the
    following format in which the the user has to feed the values(nos) in
    the boxes under

    % Done Qual Rel. Stab P1 p2 P3....

    and boxes under

    good news
    badnews
    Hotbugs

    I could not able to provide the boxes here.

    and finally he/she can hit the submit button to report the report to
    web page.

    Once the values are submitted, then based on the total bugs and their
    priority, the view reports should show the colors as mentioned in the
    Legend.

    I tried to wrote the scripts to test the login to page and submit the
    reports. I need to some help to finish the programs. Can some one
    please help me or send me some sample scripts. Basically i need to
    write scripts like Login, makeReport, viewReport, editReport.

    o EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: (Test status based on <S/W> release: Build)
    o ====================
    o Test % Rel. ( OPEN BUGS--integrated )
    o Area plan Done Qual Stab this week Overall total
    o P1 - P2 - P3 - rfe P1 - P2 - P3 -
    rfe Total
    o -- -- -- --- -- -- --
    --- --

    o Install
    o Agent
    o Console
    o Server

    Legend:
    Rel/Stab Key: Green - on plan Qual Key: Green - no P3, P2,
    or P1
    Yellow - behind but able Yellow - P2 or P3
    bugs
    to recover Red - P1 bugs
    Red - too far behind schedule to
    recover

    o Good News:

    o Bad News:

    o Test Stoppers:

    o Hot Bugs:

    o Issues:

    |SUBMIT REPORT| |CLEAR REPORT|

    makeReport.sh
    -------------
    #!/bin/sh

    echo Content-type: text/html
    echo
    echo "<HTML>"
    echo "<H2>Make Report not done...</H2>"
    date=`date`
    echo "<PRE>$date</PRE>"
    echo "</P><P><A HREF="../makeReport.html">Go Back</A></P>"
    echo "</BODY></HTML>"
    ~
    ~

    test.cgi
    -------
    #!/bin/sh

    echo Content-type: text/html
    echo
    echo "<HTML>"
    echo "<BODY>"
    #!/bin/sh

    echo Content-type: text/html
    echo
    echo "<HTML>"
    echo "<BODY>"
    echo "<H2>Are you there?</H2>"

    echo "<PRE>1) ${WWW_theName}</PRE>"
    echo "<PRE>2) ${theName}</PRE>"
    echo "<PRE>3) ${1}</PRE>"
    echo "<P>Content file: $CONTENT_FILE<P>"
    echo "<P>Content length: $CONTENT_LENGTH<P>"
    echo "<P>Path Info: $PATH_INFO<P>"
    echo "<P>Path translated: $PATH_TRANSLATED<P>"
    echo "<P>Query string: $QUERY_STRING<P>"
    echo "<P>Server software:$SERVER_SOFTWARE<P>"
    echo "<P>Server name: $SERVER_NAME<P>"
    echo "<P>Server port: $SERVER_PORT<P>"
    echo "<P>Content type: $CONTENT_TYPE<P>"
    echo "<P>Request method: $REQUEST_METHOD<P>"
    echo "<P>Request line: $REQUEST_LINE<P>"
    echo "<P>Gateway interface: $GATEWAY_INTERFACE<P>"
    echo "<P>Script name: $SCRIPT_NAME<P>"

    echo "<P>"
    if [ ! -z "$WWW_theName" ]; then
    echo "$WWW_theName is logged in..."
    else
    echo "$WWW_theName isn't logged in..."
    fi

    Thanks in advance
    rm

    rk, Nov 16, 2003

  2. rk wrote:
    > I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs

    Both of your programs below are shell scripts and they have nothing to do
    with Perl whatsoever.
    However, even CLP would have been a newsgroup that deals with shell scripts
    (which it doesn't), then still your question is about CGI and HTML forms.
    Neither of which has anything to do with any particular programming
    language.
    You will be better of asking in a NG, that actually deals with CGI like e.g.
    comp.authoring.infosystems.cgi or so.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 16, 2003