Help on Simple events question

Guest

Dear all,

I have a webform on which I have place a text box server control and bellow
a button server control.
Both of those controls are set with cache events. based on that on webform
load event I have a default text value like "Enter something here.." in text
box control

Then when the button is clicked, I need to retrieve the value of the tex box
when chage by the user. I have read that cach events occurs in the order of
controls when place in a form.

Actally when I clik my button I am alwys reading byck the default value but
I am not able to catch the changed value

What I am doing wrong ?

thnaks for your help
regards
serge

Guest

Actally when I clik my button I am alwys reading byck the default value but
I am not able to catch the changed value

probably you are assigning the default value in the PAGE_LOAD event ?..
button_click fires after PAGE_LOAD

Googling "asp.net page life cycle" , would being up some articls on how the
events in a page are called..