Help : Page can not displayed ???

Guest

Dear all,
I have a simple web application with a starting page as WebForm.aspx
If I run my application locally from my workstation (W200 SP4) it works fine.

Then I copy my all application under a directory on a server and then
configured IIS for pointing to that application.

Whe I try to access the web site I get first the WIndows login windows to
the server and then it supposed to show the WebForm.aspx page. At that time I
get an error page instead with "Page not found message", but physically the
page si reaally there . I event add than page name with the defaut.aspx page
in IIS to be sure

I check also NTFS permission on my aplication directory.ALl is ok with
proper rights

What could be wrong ?

thanks for your help
regards
Serge
What could be wrong ?

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Serge,

First, delete the folder on the second machine. Next, in IIS, right click
on your web server name, and create a new virtual directory of the same name
as the directory on machine #1.
When prompted for the permissions, give it read, write and execute
permissions.

After that, copy over all the files from the first machine's folder to this
new folder, and make sure the bin folder is included too.

Now, try accessing the page in a browser. What happens? Same thing?

-Altaf
[MVP - VB]

Guest

Same thing happen.
Ok here is what I have done :

Setps done on my Server 2003 runing II 6.0

1 - delete all previous folder as you request
2 - Open IIS on my default web site and creat a new Virtual Folder
3 - Set Alias name to FLashCard
4 - Browse for the path and select the FlashCard empty previously created
folder
5 - Set permision on script and Execute
6 - I leave the default seeting for authorisation
7 - Copy my all project under FlashCard folder as well as bin folder contents

From client machine runing Windows 2000 Sp4
1 - Open explorer and type http:\\myServer\Flashcard\Flashcard.aspx
==> get error HTTP 404 : File or directory not found
(The page FlashCard.aspx is physically present !!!)

2 - Open explorer and type http:\\myServer\Flashcard
==> get error HTTP 403 : Forbiden
(The page FlashCard.aspx is physically present !!!)

Just for your information my application config authentification is set to
use windows
and for all users as follow:

<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>
</authentication>

Any other ideas what it could be ?

thanks for your help
regards
serge

www.mendhak.com

serge calderara said:
[...]

Hi,
Some more information..
I have notice that if I give the browsing possibility on my web application,
it displays properly the directory content. Then if I clicked on the aspx
page which is suppose to be loaded, I get error message pasge not found.

Sounds really strange ?