The page cannot be displayed

AdrianDev

I have installed an ASP .NET Web Application on an IIS 6 Windows 2003 Server. The 'Integrated Windows Authentication' method is checked and I can access the web site on a browser running on the IIS server.

But when I try from an remote XP computer (with servername listed inits IE trusted sites), I get "The page cannot be displayed" ??

I cannot even browse 'hello.txt' from the web site folder,

Any help gratefully recieved, thanks

Guest

I have installed an ASP .NET Web Application on an IIS 6 Windows 2003 Server. The 'Integrated Windows Authentication' method is checked and I can access the web site on a browser running on the IIS server.

But when I try from an remote XP computer (with servername listed inits IE trusted sites), I get "The page cannot be displayed" ??

I cannot even browse 'hello.txt' from the web site folder,

Any help gratefully recieved, thanks

Are you sure about the name of the server you typed? Usually, I think,
if an authentication was unsuccessful you should get a password
prompt. You can also check the log file of the web site...

AdrianDev

Hi,

Yes the server name is correct.

IIS has default logging, it just shows the requests, one per line thats all.
I havent enabled furthur logging yet, it means running in IIS 5 isolation
mode I believe.

thanks

Guest

Hi,

Yes the server name is correct.

IIS has default logging, it just shows the requests, one per line thats all.
I havent enabled furthur logging yet, it means running in IIS 5 isolation
mode I believe.

thanks

Okay, I believe that "The page cannot be displayed" is a default
(friendly) error in IE. Go to the Tools menu, Internet Options -
Advanced, and then click to clear the Show friendly HTTP error
messages checkbox. Hope, it helps to see more details of the error.