Citrix "The Page cannot be displayed"

Peter

I have the following code which works fine in IE6 and IE7 and FireFox, but
when I run IE6 on Citrix I get "The page cannot be displayed" in the iframe.
We don't have IE7 on Citrix so I can't try it.

style="display:inline-block;height:1200px;width:880px;">
<iframe src=../../WsiLogo.gif> <frame src=../../WsiLogo.gif>
<embed src=../../WsiLogo.gif> </iframe>

I know little about Citrix and our Citrix admin knows little about HTML, so
between two of us we know nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank You

Peter

Anthony Jones

Peter said:
I have the following code which works fine in IE6 and IE7 and FireFox, but
when I run IE6 on Citrix I get "The page cannot be displayed" in the iframe.
We don't have IE7 on Citrix so I can't try it.

style="display:inline-block;height:1200px;width:880px;">
<iframe src=../../WsiLogo.gif> <frame src=../../WsiLogo.gif>
<embed src=../../WsiLogo.gif> </iframe>

I know little about Citrix and our Citrix admin knows little about HTML, so
between two of us we know nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

The HTML doesn't appear to make a great deal of sense.

Try a very simple page that only has this in the body:-

<iframe src="../../WsiLogo.gif"></iframe>

Consider using an absolute path instead of the relative one you are using
here.

I can't see anything here that Citirix itself would impact.

BTW, why are you opening a gif in an IFrame? Try visiting the URL to the
gif directly using IE address bar, what happens?

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

From your description, you're encountering some problem displaying an
ASP.NET web page(with iframe) in Citrix environment, correct?

As for the this problem, it is likely that the webbrowser's behavior
differs from normal environment. I suggest you try the following things to
see whether the http request from IE browser differs from normal
environment:

1. At server-side, you can check IIS log to see whether the request (from
the IFRAME) is correctly sent to server and any error entry exists in IIS
log.

2. You can download the web development helper tool to trace the http
messages(such as the one send for the iframe):

#Web Development Helper
http://projects.nikhilk.net/WebDevHelper/

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

Peter

Anthony Jones said:
The HTML doesn't appear to make a great deal of sense.

Try a very simple page that only has this in the body:-

<iframe src="../../WsiLogo.gif"></iframe>

Consider using an absolute path instead of the relative one you are using
here.

I can't see anything here that Citirix itself would impact.

BTW, why are you opening a gif in an IFrame? Try visiting the URL to the
gif directly using IE address bar, what happens?

I tried the following on Citrix

http://reports01/reports/WsiLogo.gif

and got the same error "The Page cannot be displayed"

but if I try

http://reports01/reports/Test.html

it works just fine

and if I try on none-citrix computer everything works.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Have you tried using some trace tool(such as the web development helper for
IE) to watch the http traffic for the problem page to see whether there is
anything abnormal? I haven't a citrix environment on hand and cannot
perform the exact test,.