HELP! -- previous page in VB and ASP 3.0

segis bata

Hello all,

I'm writing you because I have a question for you all: how can I capture the

I need to add the URL (with parameters if possible) of the previous page to
a table in SQL Server.

For example: the page that captures the info is anydomain.com/asppage.asp
and if the previous page in the browser history is
otherdomain.com/otherpage.asp, I need to be able to capture that information

If possible, of course...

Thanks in advance for your help and prompt response,
SB-R

daddywhite

Hello all,

I'm writing you because I have a question for you all: how can I capture the

I need to add the URL (with parameters if possible) of the previous page to
a table in SQL Server.

For example: the page that captures the info is anydomain.com/asppage.asp
and if the previous page in the browser history is
otherdomain.com/otherpage.asp, I need to be able to capture that information

If possible, of course...

Thanks in advance for your help and prompt response,
SB-R

You can use Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") to capture what
page sent you to the current page.

is this what you need?

regards
dave

segis bata

Hello Dave,

That variable doesn't return any values

BTW, I'm using Win2003 SP1 IIS 6.0

Daniel Crichton

It will contain data if the browser sends it - this is done is the browser
follows a link to your page so long as intervening software doesn't strip it
out. If someone just types your page URL into their browser then you can't
obtain the value of the previous URL (at least as far as I know, although it
may be possible with some client side scripting but would require user
intervention, if it was automatic then it'd be a security risk to the
browser.

Dan