help: py2exe and com server

Paul Mayal

Hi,

I have written a com server in python 2.3 (ActiveState distribution). I have
build the dll with py2exe.
First of all, py2exe complain he can't find pythoncom module.
I can register the dll with regsvr32 on my development workstation. But when
I try to register the com dll on an another workstation, the registration
fail.

what am I missing ?

Georges

Thomas Heller

Paul Mayal said:
Hi,

I have written a com server in python 2.3 (ActiveState distribution). I have
build the dll with py2exe.
First of all, py2exe complain he can't find pythoncom module.
I can register the dll with regsvr32 on my development workstation. But when
I try to register the com dll on an another workstation, the registration
fail.

I think you have to use a newer build of pywin32 (formerly called
win32all) than that included with ActiveState python.

Thomas

bap

I had the sample problem -- using the lastest version of pywin32 (version
201 -- they've changed the numbering system) allows the com server to work
fine

Bruce Peterson