    This thing i want to do in Non-Microsoft Browsers. Means when i validate the page on the server. Then i want to show all error messeges in validation summery as on the client side in IE.

    Regard,
    Muhammad Jamil Nawaz
    msnews.microsoft.com, May 19, 2005

  2. msnews.microsoft.com

    Brock Allen Guest

    Validation in ASP.NET happens both client side and server side. Client side
    only works if you have an IE browser. So for non-IE server side stuff still
    fires and you shouldn't have to do anything special. The summary should also
    be displayed just fine, as long as you don't use the ShowMessageBox=true
    option.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, May 19, 2005

  3. msnews.microsoft.com

    Peter Blum Guest

    The ValidationSummary control looks through the list of validators on the
    page to see if any are marked IsValid. It does this in the Page's PreRender
    stage, after you have run Page.Validate() or Validate() on individual
    validators.

    If you have setup your Click event method correctly, it will test
    Page.IsValid (or IsValid on individual validators) and only save when these
    IsValid properties are true. If they are false, the page will continue to
    output, showing all of the validators and the ValidationSummary.

    FYI: My Professional Validation And More
    (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx), a replacement for Microsoft's
    validators, supports client-side validation on many browsers including
    FireFox, Opera 7, and Safari. It was designed to fix the limitations of
    Microsoft's validators and help you avoid all of the custom coding and
    hacks. It includes a utility to quickly convert pages to its validators.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:

    Peter Blum, May 21, 2005