Help Regarding Server Side Validation...

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi All,

I m facing a problem. As u know asp.net vallidators did not work in non-microsoft browsers.
So for that i m using Server Side Solution. But i don't understand how can i show the validation summery with all messeges as they show on client side in IE.
Means that when we submit the form to server in IE, then page is validated on the client side and if there is some error these are shown in the Validation Summery as a list.
This thing i want to do in Non-Microsoft Browsers. Means when i validate the page on the server. Then i want to show all error messeges in validation summery as on the client side in IE.

Regard,
Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

Brock Allen

Validation in ASP.NET happens both client side and server side. Client side
only works if you have an IE browser. So for non-IE server side stuff still
fires and you shouldn't have to do anything special. The summary should also
be displayed just fine, as long as you don't use the ShowMessageBox=true
option.

Peter Blum

The ValidationSummary control looks through the list of validators on the
page to see if any are marked IsValid. It does this in the Page's PreRender
stage, after you have run Page.Validate() or Validate() on individual
validators.

If you have setup your Click event method correctly, it will test
Page.IsValid (or IsValid on individual validators) and only save when these
IsValid properties are true. If they are false, the page will continue to
output, showing all of the validators and the ValidationSummary.

FYI: My Professional Validation And More
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx), a replacement for Microsoft's
validators, supports client-side validation on many browsers including
FireFox, Opera 7, and Safari. It was designed to fix the limitations of
Microsoft's validators and help you avoid all of the custom coding and
hacks. It includes a utility to quickly convert pages to its validators.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)