Help Sending eMail To receiving@internal.mycompany.com

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andy, May 4, 2010.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi Gang

    We have IIS set up that is running some older ASP applications. Some
    of the applications have been created to send internal email which
    work fine if they are sent to say or other
    normal internal addresses.

    We want to create a new application that will eventually send an email
    to . This email address works fine if
    we just send an email using Microsoft Outlook internally. However I
    created an initial test to see if this will work with ASP. IIS does
    send out the email but it comes back to the sender with the following
    error.

    ...."A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented
    delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same
    e-mail address. Contact your administrator."...

    Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this?

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andy, May 4, 2010

  2. Andy

    Evertjan. Guest

    Andy wrote on 04 mei 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > We have IIS set up that is running some older ASP applications. Some
    > of the applications have been created to send internal email which
    > work fine if they are sent to say or other
    > normal internal addresses.
    >
    > We want to create a new application that will eventually send an email
    > to . This email address works fine if
    > we just send an email using Microsoft Outlook internally. However I
    > created an initial test to see if this will work with ASP. IIS does
    > send out the email but it comes back to the sender with the following
    > error.
    >
    > ..."A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented
    > delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same
    > e-mail address. Contact your administrator."...
    >
    > Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this?

    This seems to depend on what mail-comm you use, not ASP per see,
    and probably the IIS.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., May 4, 2010

  3. Andy

    Bwig Zomberi Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi Gang
    >
    > We have IIS set up that is running some older ASP applications. Some
    > of the applications have been created to send internal email which
    > work fine if they are sent to say or other
    > normal internal addresses.
    >
    > We want to create a new application that will eventually send an email
    > to . This email address works fine if
    > we just send an email using Microsoft Outlook internally. However I
    > created an initial test to see if this will work with ASP. IIS does
    > send out the email but it comes back to the sender with the following
    > error.
    >
    > ..."A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented
    > delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same
    > e-mail address. Contact your administrator."...
    >
    > Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this?

    This is a problem with your mail server. Refer the problem to your mail
    server administrator and ask him not to reject mail originating from
    your ASP application.

    --
    Bwig Zomberi

    Bwig Zomberi, May 5, 2010