HELP... something in these few lines of HTML that will not validate at w3.org

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Matt James, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Matt James

    Matt James Guest

    When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
    message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....

    Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
    not permit this
    I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

    Many thanks in advance for your very kind help.

    Cheers
    Matt

    cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >
    <FORM action="http://www.domainname.co.uk/search/ksearch.cgi" method="get"
    name="search">
    search... </span>
    <INPUT name="terms" type="text"
    class="formtext" onFocus="select(this);" value="" size=12>
    <INPUT type="submit" class="formtext"
    value="Search">
    </FORM></td>

    Matt James, Jan 6, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
    > message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....
    >
    > Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
    > not permit this
    > I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

    You're not looking closely enough. Where's your <tr> between this

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Matt James

    Matt James Guest

    Hywel.. Many thanks - it's much appreciated.
    (if only I could have spotted that, it would have saved me many days of head
    scratching).

    Matt James, Jan 6, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
    > >> message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....
    > >>
    > >> Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
    > >> not permit this
    > >> I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

    > > You're not looking closely enough. Where's your <tr> between this

    > >> cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >

    > Hywel.. Many thanks - it's much appreciated.
    > (if only I could have spotted that, it would have saved me many days of head
    > scratching).

    Wood and trees. It's easy to spot someone else's mistakes. Of course,
    being perfect, I don't make any, so I don't have the same trouble as
    you.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Matt James

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Matt James

    Guest

    Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Of course,
    > > being perfect, I don't make any, so I don't have the same trouble

    as
    > > you.

    > http://wipkip.biz/rotflmbo.php

    You know I'm perfect. Now, tidy your room.

    --
    Hywel

    , Jan 7, 2005