Help to install ROR with MS-SQL

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sankar Kumar, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. Sankar Kumar

    Sankar Kumar Guest

    Hi,

    I have already installed ROR with sqlite & mysql .
    & now i need to have ROR with MSSQL.
    Here is my existing ROR details ,
    actionmailer (2.2.2)
    actionpack (2.2.2)
    activerecord (2.2.2)
    activeresource (2.2.2)
    activesupport (2.2.2)
    columnize (0.3.0)
    linecache (0.43)
    mysql (2.7)
    rails (2.2.2)
    rake (0.8.3)
    ruby-debug (0.10.3)
    ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
    sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4)

    Can you please somebody help me to install ror with MS-SQL ?

    Thanks,
    Sankar.

    Sankar Kumar, Mar 16, 2009

  2. Sankar Kumar

    Damjan Rems Guest

    Sankar Kumar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have already installed ROR with sqlite & mysql .
    > & now i need to have ROR with MSSQL.

    You need to install odbc support on linux. This is my short rundown on
    Ubuntu.

    - install dbi and ruby odbc (synaptic)
    - install unixodbc apt get install unix-odbc
    - install freeTDS driver (synaptic)
    - configuration files are in /etc/odbc.ini /etc/odbcinst.ini

    You will also need ar support for mssql:
    gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter
    --source=http://gems.rubyonrails.org

    by
    TheR

    Damjan Rems, Mar 17, 2009