Help! Web Service + XML Object Representatino vs. Real Object

Arthur Mnev

I'm a little confused about autogenerated proxy stubs for web services.
Creating the stubs manually works fine; if I attempt to use "Web Reference"
with automatic class generation the framwork (or VS.2003)
will generate a proxy class for the web service, that class will contain
half backed XML representation of classes the service is using (consuming or
returning). Logically it seems fine at every step except

Automatic Proxy generator is apparently working under the assumption that
an application consuming the service has no knowledge of the original object
and therefore the use of an object generated from XML schema supplied by a
web service is mandated.

Does anyone know if there is an attribute or some other way to force proxy
generator to look for a data type internally before creating a half baked
class (which by definition is missing all non-public
functions/attributes/properties).

Of course there is a manual way (ie. write all ivoke routines manually; it
is just painful to do when there are 20 web services with 20 functions
each:))