Help with dropdownlist - Dataview

glbdev

I searched around but cannot find an answer to this problem, if there
is an answer.

I have a DataView and a dropdownlist both on the same page. The
dropdown list is a bound list of companies. The DataView shows the
company details and you can delete a record, if necessary. If you
change the selection on the dropdown list, the DataView is refreshed.
This works fine. The problem I am having is that if I delete the
record on the Dataview I need to be able to dynamically refresh the
dropdown list to show that the deleted record is no longer iin the
dropdown.

Anyone know how to do this? I currently have a "refresh" button but
would like to automatically refresh the list. If this is do-able, is
there example code available?

Thanks,
Steve

Masudur

I searched around but cannot find an answer to this problem, if there
is an answer.

I have a DataView and a dropdownlist both on the same page. The
dropdown list is a bound list of companies. The DataView shows the
company details and you can delete a record, if necessary. If you
change the selection on the dropdown list, the DataView is refreshed.
This works fine. The problem I am having is that if I delete the
record on the Dataview I need to be able to dynamically refresh the
dropdown list to show that the deleted record is no longer iin the
dropdown.

Anyone know how to do this? I currently have a "refresh" button but
would like to automatically refresh the list. If this is do-able, is
there example code available?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Did you tried subscribe the onItemDeleted event of the DetailView.
Try Rebind the Dropdown list onItemDeleted event of the DetailView

Thanks

Masudur