help with little program in C

npc

Hello!
[sorry, my english is not very good] - I have a problem, I need to write a
little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
please, contact me by e-mail.

greets

Morris Dovey

npc said:
[sorry, my english is not very good] - I have a problem, I need to write a
little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
please, contact me by e-mail.

npc...

Your English is ok; but your approach is not. If you make an
effort to solve your problem, then we can and will be happy to
help you with specific difficulties.

E-mail responses are considered inappropriate here. Just as
comp.lang.c is not a homework service, neither is it a source of
private tutoring. The benefit to you for posting here is that the
large number of people who know the subject well.

Additionally, others at your skill level will have opportunity to
learn from your questions and the answers you receive.

If you are new to usenet (news groups) then you may find that the
link below leads you to some helpful information.

Anand

Hi

Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
question papers in C and few books r available in the market

Test your C skills

Hidden Treasures of C
(BPB publications)

This will b useful. I think so....

Regards,
Anand.

Joona I Palaste

Anand said:
Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
question papers in C and few books r available in the market
Test your C skills
Hidden Treasures of C
(BPB publications)

This will b useful. I think so....

There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

Slartibartfast

Joona I Palaste said:
There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

Don't start that again, Joona.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Joona I Palaste said:
There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

Why did you do him the favor of including is book plug in your
followup? Looks to me like advertising spam to be KF'ed.

CBFalconer

Slartibartfast said:
Don't start that again, Joona.

He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
to him.

Joona I Palaste

He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
to him.

I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written
communication with native English speakers for several years. Despite
this, gratuitous use of those "k3wl" abbreviations, especially by
people whose overall skill of English is not all that good, keeps on
irritating me. Did someone tell them that using those awful
abbreviations will make people respect them more? As far as *I* am
concerned, using them makes me respect them *less*.

Ben Pfaff

Default User said:
I disagree. Go Joona go! Down with crappy shortcuts that make my brane
hurt.

When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
introduce even more of them.

Default User

Ben Pfaff wrote:
When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
introduce even more of them.

Sounds like a spelling flame to me.

Brian Rodenborn

CBFalconer

Joona said:
I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written

I was thinking of connecting the pronounciation of the letter 'b'
with that of the word "be", for example. For a Frenchman that is
"bay", and 'u' is "ooh". 'ur' has something to do with ancient
Mesopotamia and Chaldeans.

I wasn't accusing you of being incapable of the deciphering, but
just pointing out that it is considerably harder, possibly
impossible, for many non-English speakers.

E. Robert Tisdale

Joona said:
Anand scribbled the following:

There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k.

Please don't complain about punctuation, spelling or grammatical errors.
Ignore them or quietly fix them to reflect your understanding
of what was written if they bother you.

Ben said:
I don't see how my words can be interpreted as any kind of flame.

Ha! You say that accusing me of introducing words that don't exist is
not a flame! It cut me to the quick, people all over usenet (I'm sure)
recoiled in horror from the implication.

Brian Rodenborn

Arthur J. O'Dwyer

I was thinking of connecting the pronounciation of the letter 'b'
with that of the word "be", for example. For a Frenchman that is
"bay", and 'u' is "ooh". 'ur' has something to do with ancient
Mesopotamia and Chaldeans.

I wasn't accusing you of being incapable of the deciphering, but
just pointing out that it is considerably harder, possibly
impossible, for many non-English speakers.

Do they have E-Z-Cheez in the U.K.? (-:

-Arthur

Mark McIntyre

I don't see how my words can be interpreted as any kind of flame.

it's the almost fanatical devotion to apostrophes that give's it away.

Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll
come in again.

Sidney Cadot

Please don't complain about punctuation, spelling or grammatical errors.
Ignore them or quietly fix them to reflect your understanding
of what was written if they bother you.

Your statement about whether or not to complain is something that allows
differences in opinion, but "quietly fixing" things is /never/
acceptable. This is a very presumptuous thing to do, since it associates
your (perhaps incorrect) interpretation to something that was said by
someone else.

Now you have been show to alter quotes, which can at best be explained
as an unfortunate attempt to 'quietly fix' things. Giving you the
benefit of the doubt, assuming that you did so without dishonest intent,
I would strongly urge you to refrain from doing this in the future; in
intellectual discourse, it is imperative that the integrity of citations
can be relied upon. At the very least you should provide a clear
indication that you are paraphrasing, if you elect to do so. These are
just basic prerequisites for having a descent discussion. I would hope
that if you think about this for a bit you will agree.

Best regards,

Sidney