    little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
    please, contact me by e-mail.

    greets
    npc, Jan 11, 2004

  2. npc

    Morris Dovey Guest

    npc wrote:

    > [sorry, my english is not very good] - I have a problem, I need to write a
    > little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
    > please, contact me by e-mail.

    npc...

    Your English is ok; but your approach is not. If you make an
    effort to solve your problem, then we can and will be happy to
    help you with specific difficulties.

    E-mail responses are considered inappropriate here. Just as
    comp.lang.c is not a homework service, neither is it a source of
    private tutoring. The benefit to you for posting here is that the
    large number of people who know the subject well.

    Additionally, others at your skill level will have opportunity to
    learn from your questions and the answers you receive.

    If you are new to usenet (news groups) then you may find that the
    link below leads you to some helpful information.
    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA
    Morris Dovey, Jan 11, 2004

  3. npc

    npc Guest

    hi

    thanks for response...

    > Your English is ok; but your approach is not.

    - sorry, you're right :) and thanks for links...

    greets
    npc, Jan 11, 2004
  4. npc

    Anand Guest

    Hi

    Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
    question papers in C and few books r available in the market

    Test your C skills

    Hidden Treasures of C
    (BPB publications)

    This will b useful. I think so....

    Regards,
    Anand.
    Anand, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Anand <> scribbled the following:
    > Hi

    > Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
    > question papers in C and few books r available in the market

    > Test your C skills

    > Hidden Treasures of C
    > (BPB publications)

    > This will b useful. I think so....

    There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    "We're women. We've got double standards to live up to."
    - Ally McBeal
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 12, 2004
  6. Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$>...

    > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    Don't start that again, Joona.
    Slartibartfast, Jan 12, 2004
  7. Slartibartfast <> scribbled the following:
    > Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$>...
    >> There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    >> Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    > Don't start that again, Joona.

    And let people think that h4x0r d00dsp33k is acceptable here?

    "All that flower power is no match for my glower power!"
    - Montgomery Burns
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 12, 2004
  8. Joona I Palaste <> spoke thus:

    > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    Why did you do him the favor of including is book plug in your
    followup? Looks to me like advertising spam to be KF'ed.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Jan 12, 2004
  9. npc

    CBFalconer Guest

    Slartibartfast wrote:
    > Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message
    >
    > > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    > > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    > Don't start that again, Joona.

    He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
    English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
    to him.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Jan 12, 2004
  10. CBFalconer <> scribbled the following:
    > Slartibartfast wrote:
    >> Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message
    >> > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    >> > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    >> Don't start that again, Joona.

    > He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
    > English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
    > to him.

    I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written
    communication with native English speakers for several years. Despite
    this, gratuitous use of those "k3wl" abbreviations, especially by
    people whose overall skill of English is not all that good, keeps on
    irritating me. Did someone tell them that using those awful
    abbreviations will make people respect them more? As far as *I* am
    concerned, using them makes me respect them *less*.

    "Normal is what everyone else is, and you're not."
    - Dr. Tolian Soran
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 12, 2004
  11. npc

    Default User Guest

    Slartibartfast wrote:

    > Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$>...
    >
    > > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    > > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    > Don't start that again, Joona.

    I disagree. Go Joona go! Down with crappy shortcuts that make my brane
    hurt.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Jan 12, 2004
  12. npc

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Default User <> writes:

    > Slartibartfast wrote:
    >>
    >> Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$>...
    >>
    >> > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    >> > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

    >> Don't start that again, Joona.

    > I disagree. Go Joona go! Down with crappy shortcuts that make my brane
    > hurt.

    When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
    introduce even more of them.
    --
    "Welcome to the wonderful world of undefined behavior, where the demons
    are nasal and the DeathStation users are nervous." --Daniel Fox
    Ben Pfaff, Jan 12, 2004
  13. npc

    Ben Pfaff wrote:

    > When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
    > introduce even more of them.

    Sounds like a spelling flame to me.

    Brian Rodenborn
  14. npc

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    > Ben Pfaff wrote:
    >
    >> When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
    >> introduce even more of them.

    > Sounds like a spelling flame to me.

    I don't see how my words can be interpreted as any kind of flame.
    --
    "...what folly I commit, I dedicate to you."
    --William Shakespeare, _Troilus and Cressida_
    Ben Pfaff, Jan 12, 2004
  15. npc

    CBFalconer Guest

    Joona I Palaste wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> scribbled the following:
    > > Slartibartfast wrote:

    > >> Don't start that again, Joona.

    > > He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
    > > English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
    > > to him.

    > I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written

    I was thinking of connecting the pronounciation of the letter 'b'
    with that of the word "be", for example. For a Frenchman that is
    "bay", and 'u' is "ooh". 'ur' has something to do with ancient
    Mesopotamia and Chaldeans.

    I wasn't accusing you of being incapable of the deciphering, but
    just pointing out that it is considerably harder, possibly
    impossible, for many non-English speakers.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Jan 12, 2004
  16. Joona I Palaste wrote:

    > Anand scribbled the following:
    >
    >>Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C.
    >>Go for many question papers in C
    >>and few books r available in the market
    >>This will b useful. I think so....

    > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k.

    Please don't complain about punctuation, spelling or grammatical errors.
    Ignore them or quietly fix them to reflect your understanding
    of what was written if they bother you.
    E. Robert Tisdale, Jan 12, 2004
  17. npc

    Ben Pfaff wrote:

    > Default User <> writes:
    >
    > > Ben Pfaff wrote:
    > >
    > >> When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
    > >> introduce even more of them.

    > > Sounds like a spelling flame to me.

    > I don't see how my words can be interpreted as any kind of flame.

    Ha! You say that accusing me of introducing words that don't exist is
    not a flame! It cut me to the quick, people all over usenet (I'm sure)
    recoiled in horror from the implication.

    Brian Rodenborn
  18. [OT] Re: help with little program in C

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, CBFalconer wrote:

    > Joona I Palaste wrote:
    > > CBFalconer <> scribbled the following:
    > > > Since Joona's native language is not English, those abortions
    > > > are even less likely to be decipherable to him.

    > > I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written

    > I was thinking of connecting the pronounciation of the letter 'b'
    > with that of the word "be", for example. For a Frenchman that is
    > "bay", and 'u' is "ooh". 'ur' has something to do with ancient
    > Mesopotamia and Chaldeans.
    >
    > I wasn't accusing you of being incapable of the deciphering, but
    > just pointing out that it is considerably harder, possibly
    > impossible, for many non-English speakers.

    Do they have E-Z-Cheez in the U.K.? (-:

    -Arthur
    Arthur J. O'Dwyer, Jan 12, 2004
  19. On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:04:38 -0800, in comp.lang.c , Ben Pfaff
    <> wrote:

    >Default User <> writes:
    >
    >> Ben Pfaff wrote:
    >>
    >>> When we're discussing words that don't exist, it's best not to
    >>> introduce even more of them.

    >> Sounds like a spelling flame to me.

    >I don't see how my words can be interpreted as any kind of flame.

    it's the almost fanatical devotion to apostrophes that give's it away.

    Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll
    come in again.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Jan 12, 2004
  20. npc

    Sidney Cadot Guest

    E. Robert Tisdale wrote:

    > Joona I Palaste wrote:
    >
    >> Anand scribbled the following:
    >>
    >>> Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C.
    >>> Go for many question papers in C
    >>> and few books r available in the market
    >>> This will b useful. I think so....

    >> There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
    >> Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k.

    > Please don't complain about punctuation, spelling or grammatical errors.
    > Ignore them or quietly fix them to reflect your understanding
    > of what was written if they bother you.

    Your statement about whether or not to complain is something that allows
    differences in opinion, but "quietly fixing" things is /never/
    acceptable. This is a very presumptuous thing to do, since it associates
    your (perhaps incorrect) interpretation to something that was said by
    someone else.

    Now you have been show to alter quotes, which can at best be explained
    as an unfortunate attempt to 'quietly fix' things. Giving you the
    benefit of the doubt, assuming that you did so without dishonest intent,
    I would strongly urge you to refrain from doing this in the future; in
    intellectual discourse, it is imperative that the integrity of citations
    can be relied upon. At the very least you should provide a clear
    indication that you are paraphrasing, if you elect to do so. These are
    just basic prerequisites for having a descent discussion. I would hope
    that if you think about this for a bit you will agree.

    Best regards,

    Sidney
    Sidney Cadot, Jan 12, 2004