    holyholymess)?
    thanks

    , Feb 9, 2008

  2. mrcakey Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hey,
    > could somebody please tell me how i can reduce the width of the tables
    > in my myspace profile like in this profile (http://www.myspace.com/
    > holyholymess)?
    > thanks

    Under "Customise my blog" there's an option to add your own stylesheet. The
    thing you need to learn then is CSS. Or you could just copy his/hers.

    +mrcakey

    mrcakey, Feb 9, 2008

  3. cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Feb 9, 7:59 am, wrote:
    > hey,
    > could somebody please tell me how i can reduce the width of the tables
    > in my myspace profile like in this profile (http://www.myspace.com/
    > holyholymess)?
    > thanks

    Myspace supplies you with a lot of code before you add a thing. The
    code has over 100 validation errors. It is a strange mixture of table
    structure, css structure, etc. Moreover they permit only certain types
    of code, especially for media. If you use code they do not permit, it
    often gets changed to something else, often not what you want. Thus,
    even the best html coders are likely to have trouble with Myspace the
    first time they try to add code to it. What many people do is to use
    one of likely hundreds of templates available on the web for Myspace.
    A Google search will turn up several sources. Also the various
    discussion groups on Myspace can be helpful for the special code that
    often must be used. They have a tute or two for making changes that
    many people often ask about. When it comes to media such as audio and
    video, you are miles ahead if you have it on your own web pages and
    link Myspace to these. You will notice that many of the videos link to
    YouTube and such. If you have your own pages that allow linking, you
    can use just about any media format.

    One of the largest problems I see on Myspace pages is that people tend
    to put so much media on the pages that loading of a page is greatly
    slowed down, even on broadband. It must take several minutes to load,
    if the page will load at all, for some of the more extreme pages using
    dialup.

    cwdjrxyz, Feb 9, 2008