Help with Mysql package

Martin Kissner

jake wrote :
Yes I do have XCode installed. I'm working off of a fresh clean
installation of 10.3 updated to 10.3.9.

I decided to go start to finish
First I changed Config.pm back to it's orig state. And deleted all the
DBD-mysql folders I worked with today.

By default after Getting a Looks Good from Makefile and running make
this is what I get:

[...]

I had trouble installing 'DBD::mysql' under Mac OS X, too (took me a few
hours).
I tried the installation of 'DBD::mysql' with
mysql-standard-4.0.17-apple-darwin6.8-powerpc and with
mysql-standard-4.0.23-apple-darwin7.6.0-powerpc

In my case the problem was, that the 'mysql_config'-script did not
return the correct pathes to the libs and so on.
(The script is in '/usr/local/mysql/bin/')

For example it returned '/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql' instead of
'/usr/local/mysql/include/'

I finally edited the script and changed line 77 from

pkglibdir='/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql'

pkglibdir='/usr/local/mysql/lib'

and line 79 from

pkgincludedir='/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql'

pkgincludedir='/usr/local/mysql/include'

After that I could install without any trouble.
I do not know, if this helps you, but I hope so.

Best regards
Martin