Help with Navigation

sorry.no.email

Hi,

Can I please have some help with navigation ideas for a family
history site I am putting together for my father:

http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

I am fleshing out the 'Strong Family' section of the site and I am
provisionally putting the whole story on 3 pages but they will each be
more than a little big :). Not a problem with decent broadband but

I need therefore to divide these 3 pages into at least 6-8 pages and
make this section easily navigable, preferably not with a left, nested
navigation list (I think existing list has adequately provided
'global' navigation). Some ideas, not all good!!, are:

1. Table of Contents on each of the pages (such as:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#toc) Ugly and cumbersome?
2. Decent sitemap (all pages categorically linked) This will happen
anyway.
3. Hierarchical outline at the top of each page. Separated by | or >
with hyperlinks, backwards to home page as well as forward to end of
section (Strongs)
4. Leave the pages long, with anchor links from the top, and forget
about dial-up losers (Joke!!!!!!!!!!)
5. Find a good nested list (Listamatic). Not keen on adding complexity
however.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Andrew.