Help with Navigation

Discussion in 'HTML' started by sorry.no.email@spamsux.com, Mar 31, 2006.

    Can I please have some help with navigation ideas for a family
    history site I am putting together for my father:

    http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

    I am fleshing out the 'Strong Family' section of the site and I am
    provisionally putting the whole story on 3 pages but they will each be
    more than a little big :). Not a problem with decent broadband but

    I need therefore to divide these 3 pages into at least 6-8 pages and
    make this section easily navigable, preferably not with a left, nested
    navigation list (I think existing list has adequately provided
    'global' navigation). Some ideas, not all good!!, are:

    1. Table of Contents on each of the pages (such as:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#toc) Ugly and cumbersome?
    2. Decent sitemap (all pages categorically linked) This will happen
    anyway.
    3. Hierarchical outline at the top of each page. Separated by | or >
    with hyperlinks, backwards to home page as well as forward to end of
    section (Strongs)
    4. Leave the pages long, with anchor links from the top, and forget
    about dial-up losers (Joke!!!!!!!!!!)
    5. Find a good nested list (Listamatic). Not keen on adding complexity
    however.

    Thanks for any thoughts,

    Andrew.

    , Mar 31, 2006