Hex

Shabam

Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
provide sample codes? Thanks.

Sid Ismail

: Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
: opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
: provide sample codes? Thanks.

&lt; and &gt; ?

If your IQ is &lt;80, then you are not a super-brainy.

Sid

Sam Hughes

Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
opening/closing html tags?

If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and &gt;.

Shabam

Are there other equivalents to said:
If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and
&gt;.

I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
javascript will be innocuated.

Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

Edwin van der Vaart

Shabam schreef:
&gt;.

I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
javascript will be innocuated.

Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).

Owen Jacobson

Shabam schreef:

Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).

I think what he's actually asking is "are there any other characters that
can act as tag delimiters". The answer, as far as I know, is "no". SGML
may or may not define others (I honestly don't know); no browser I know of
accepts any other symbols for tag delimiters.