    Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
    opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
    provide sample codes? Thanks.
    Shabam, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Shabam

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:59:48 -0700, "Shabam" <> wrote:

    : Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
    : opening/closing html tags? I believe using hex is one way. Can someone
    : provide sample codes? Thanks.

    &lt; and &gt; ?

    If your IQ is &lt;80, then you are not a super-brainy.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Shabam

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "Shabam" <> wrote in news:HMSdneCeSpFUl_7cRVn-
    :

    > Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
    > opening/closing html tags?

    If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
    want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and &gt;.
    Sam Hughes, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Shabam

    Shabam Guest

    > > Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
    > > opening/closing html tags?

    > If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
    > want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

    &gt;.

    I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
    they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
    will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
    javascript will be innocuated.

    Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
    as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.
    Shabam, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Shabam schreef:
    >>>Are there other equivalents to "<" and ">" that would act as the
    >>>opening/closing html tags?

    >>If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
    >>want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

    > &gt;.
    >
    > I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
    > they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
    > will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
    > javascript will be innocuated.
    >
    > Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
    > as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

    Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 6, 2004
  6. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:33:08 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    >>>If you want them to be parsed as tags, you better use "<" and ">". If you
    >>>want the angle brackets to literally appear within text, use &lt; and

    >> &gt;.
    >>
    >> I've seen how some pages obfuscate their html code by using hex. However
    >> they all seem to require javascript to render it. However, my application
    >> will be stripping out all "<" and ">" tags with "&lt;" and "&gt;", so the
    >> javascript will be innocuated.
    >>
    >> Are there any other ways to enter "<" and ">" into a page and have it render
    >> as html? Just want to rule out any other possibilities.

    > Then perhaps you can use document.write (javascript) or use print (php).

    I think what he's actually asking is "are there any other characters that
    can act as tag delimiters". The answer, as far as I know, is "no". SGML
    may or may not define others (I honestly don't know); no browser I know of
    accepts any other symbols for tag delimiters.

    --
    Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
    but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who
    Owen Jacobson, Oct 6, 2004