hey.. help! plz... i nid ur response about this assignment

Discussion in 'C++' started by tao_from_heaven@yahoo.com, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    there are two quizzes and two major examinations, all graded on the
    basis of 100 points. each major examinations, weighs twice the weight
    of a quiz. grades are determined by the following scales.

    Average grade Letter grade
    90 -100 A
    80 - 89 B
    70 - 79 C
    60 - 69 D
    below 60 F

    Load the above data in two arrays: 1 numeric and 1 character array.

    the program above will read in the students' names and scores and will
    output a table showing the students' name, average score and the final
    grade.

    the letter grade is to be searched in arrays which have been
    previously loaded as:
    90 A
    80 B
    70 C
    60 D
    0 F

    use a function to search for the letter grade and another function to
    print the students' names, average scores and final letter grade.

    you need not store test scores (quizzes and major exams) in an array.

    , Mar 9, 2007

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > there are two quizzes and two major examinations, all graded on the
    > basis of 100 points. each major examinations, weighs twice the weight
    > of a quiz. grades are determined by the following scales.

    If you any help with your homework, post your attempt. While you are at
    it, drop the gibberish subject and use real words.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Mar 9, 2007

  3. wrote:

    > there are two quizzes and two major examinations, all graded on the
    > basis of 100 points. each major examinations, weighs twice the weight
    > of a quiz. grades are determined by the following scales.
    >
    > Average grade Letter grade
    > 90 -100 A
    > 80 - 89 B
    > 70 - 79 C
    > 60 - 69 D
    > below 60 F

    [snip]

    How much are you willing to pay?

    - J.

    Jacek Dziedzic, Mar 9, 2007
  4. osmium Guest

    <> wrote:

    > there are two quizzes and two major examinations, all graded on the
    > basis of 100 points. each major examinations, weighs twice the weight
    > of a quiz. grades are determined by the following scales.
    >
    > Average grade Letter grade
    > 90 -100 A
    > 80 - 89 B
    > 70 - 79 C
    > 60 - 69 D
    > below 60 F
    >
    > Load the above data in two arrays: 1 numeric and 1 character array.
    >
    > the program above will read in the students' names and scores and will
    > output a table showing the students' name, average score and the final
    > grade.
    >
    > the letter grade is to be searched in arrays which have been
    > previously loaded as:
    > 90 A
    > 80 B
    > 70 C
    > 60 D
    > 0 F
    >
    > use a function to search for the letter grade and another function to
    > print the students' names, average scores and final letter grade.
    >
    > you need not store test scores (quizzes and major exams) in an array.

    It looks to me like he wants you to read, from the keyboard, four numeric
    scores, weight them properly and compute the mean score. Then convert the
    mean score into a letter grade for the course. Print each student's name,
    his mean numeric score and his letter grade. I suggest using just a simple
    (one word) surname. Decide on an input format such as: name, q1, q2, e1 and
    e2. Then write the program. Note that programmer's, including your
    instructor, say "print" when they mean "display". Figure out some way for
    the user to signal end of input to terminate the program. Sensing EOF is
    the adult way, but there are other ways.

    Where do you have a problem?

    osmium, Mar 9, 2007
  5. rossum Guest

    On 9 Mar 2007 00:12:02 -0800, wrote:

    >there are two quizzes and two major examinations, all graded on the
    >basis of 100 points. each major examinations, weighs twice the weight
    >of a quiz. grades are determined by the following scales.
    >
    >Average grade Letter grade
    > 90 -100 A
    > 80 - 89 B
    > 70 - 79 C
    > 60 - 69 D
    > below 60 F

    1 We don't do homework. We will help you with your homework, but only
    if you show us what you have already done. That a) shows that you are
    willing to do work for yourself and b) allows us to see what sort of
    level you are at which helps us tailor our replies. If you are a real
    beginner then alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ might be a better newsgroup
    for you.

    2 This is an English language newsgroup. Please avoid txtspk.

    >Load the above data in two arrays: 1 numeric and 1 character array.

    Can you declare two arrays and load the above data? If so then write
    the code, if not then write your best attempt and post it here with an
    explanation of what part doesn't work. There is a hint for you
    further on in the question.

    >the program above will read in the students' names and scores and will
    >output a table showing the students' name, average score and the final
    >grade.

    Can you read input from the keyboard? Can you read names (strings)
    and numbers from the keyboard into variables in your program? How are
    you going to know when the user has finished entering data?

    >the letter grade is to be searched in arrays which have been
    >previously loaded as:
    > 90 A
    > 80 B
    > 70 C
    > 60 D
    > 0 F
    >
    >use a function to search for the letter grade and another function to
    >print the students' names, average scores and final letter grade.

    Can you calculate an average and search the given table (stored as two
    arrays)? Can you display the final grade on the screen?

    >you need not store test scores (quizzes and major exams) in an array.

    rossum

    rossum, Mar 9, 2007
  6. rossum wrote:
    > 2 This is an English language newsgroup. Please avoid txtspk.

    I was going to ask whether you'd mind to write a wikipedia entry for
    txtspk only to discover that there is one already. We should add "Don't
    use txtspk" in the list of Don'ts in the FAQ (although I doubt that the
    OP were someone who would read the FAQ).

    Stuart

    Stuart Redmann, Mar 9, 2007