    Need to be a generic solution for most modern smart-phones (Galaxy,
    Blackberry, IPhone, Android).

    Thanks :)
    Mr. X., Jan 11, 2013

  2. 2013-01-11 23:40, Mr. X. wrote:

    > I want to hide the addressbar on smart-phones.
    > How can I do that?

    Put your smart phone into your ass.

    If you have any real questions, consider posting them under your real
    name and address. If you just wish to continue disruption, please keep
    using your current forged sender info. Thank you.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 11, 2013

  3. Mr. X.

    Mr. X. Guest

    Oh, you are probably a kid, if you write so so impolitely (put your smart
    phone into ...)
    Let me be polite:
    ==============
    Even you email is not real, and your answer are not really answers (you are
    always ask a question instead of answer, spending lot of time other people
    seeking. Not all of us are US civilian neither are English is are native
    language or have lot of resources, so be patient, please).
    If that - Don't answer at all.
    Real name leads to spams. Are you a spammer?

    I just need an answer, and I can find it by some workaround (but this is
    quite a workaround, and this newsgroup is just a tiny afford having a
    solution to my question).
    You don't know (As you didn't know the previous question, "Placeholder
    visibility behaviour") - Why didn't you answer correctly, as I did on my own
    post, by some workaround. Don't answer, and don't ask questions for several
    days instead answering: why yes or why not ... it doesn't really matter.

    That's what are newsgroups for (And this is via opened NNTP protocol - not
    even need to register. There are 100,000 forums like this) ... Newsgroups
    are for asking question, and getting answers.
    (I see many commercial advertisements on many forums, which not need to be,
    as you did on your post. Maybe you gather information on people, and even
    you don't - there are people who do. That's why staying anonymous. I don't
    need to explain that ...).

    Have a nice day :)

    BTW - If you have answer to my question (and not claiming you don't know my
    name) or any other have, I would be glade full whether someone answer my
    question, please.

    Mr. X., Jan 12, 2013
  4. 2013-01-12 9:43, Mr. X. wrote:

    > Why didn't you answer correctly

    Oh, I did. I gave you a correct answer, a way to hide the “addressbarâ€
    on your “smart-phoneâ€. There are apparent and non-apparent side effects,
    like making you a smartass.

    Please keep top-posting to confirm your cluelessness.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 12, 2013
  5. Mr. X.

    Mr. X. Guest

    Help !!! Anyone else ...
    I need some a real answer (with some code), please.

    I have seen by some workaround a solution like this:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    addEventListener('load', function() {
    setTimeout(hideAddressBar, 0);
    }, false);
    function hideAddressBar() {
    window.scrollTo(0, 1);
    }
    </script>

    But the above may works on a specific smartphone (and I don't know if the
    above is correct, since I have tried using it in vain).
    I need more generic solution (and where should I put the script, or any
    solution on my code).

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Jan 12, 2013