Hide Entire URL Path

Mel

I have a web page that allows the end user to open a file on the
server by clicking on a hyperlink that exists in a DataGrid control.
The file opens in a new window. Unfortunately it displays the entire
URL path in the address bar at the top of the new window. Is there
any way to hide the URL?

Example NavigateURL path: https://mysite.test.com/quote-files/1234/1234.pdf

(using asp.net 2.0, visual basic 2005)

Guest

I have a web page that allows the end user to open a file on the
server by clicking on a hyperlink that exists in a DataGrid control.
The file opens in a new window.  Unfortunately it displays the entire
URL path in the address bar at the top of the new window.  Is there
any way to hide the URL?

Example NavigateURL path:  https://mysite.test.com/quote-files/1234/1234.pdf

(using asp.net 2.0, visual basic 2005)

If you open the file in the frame of the page then you will see the
url of the page (not a file url). Another way is to use HttpHandler
(*.ashx) which can be requested with a name or id of the file (e.g.
file.ashx?id=2165) and which will "push" the file from its original
location. So, in this case you will see https://mysite.test.com/file.ashx?id=2165