    Any hint so that I can hide the "Answers and Questions" from view
    source?

    Thank you

    kwan, Oct 14, 2009

  2. kwan

    kwan Guest

    On Oct 14, 12:56 pm, kwan <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I designed the examination system for the school. It is possible that
    > the user can retreive the questions and answer from the "view source"
    > which display as in a pain HTML text. It is the problem if the student
    > try to view the "source"; coz they will be able to copy the questions
    > and answers.
    >
    > I used Perl CGI to write all the interface and to talk to the
    > database. As all the questions and answers are stored in the database.
    >
    > Any hint so that I can hide the "Answers and Questions" from view
    > source?
    >
    > Thank you

    I not intend to post twice!!!

    kwan, Oct 14, 2009

  3. kwan

    ccc31807 Guest

    On Oct 14, 1:56 pm, kwan <> wrote:
    > I designed the examination system for the school. It is possible that
    > the user can retreive the questions and answer from the "view source"
    > which display as in a pain HTML text. It is the problem if the student
    > try to view the "source"; coz they will be able to copy the questions
    > and answers.
    >
    > I used Perl CGI to write all the interface and to talk to the
    > database. As all the questions and answers are stored in the database.

    I assume that your questions are objective questions, such as multiple
    choice or true/false, so that the 'answers' would be meaningful in an
    objective sense.

    When you generate the test, you generate the questions and the allowed
    answers from the database. The source code would NOT contain the
    correct answers, but all the allowed answers.

    When the student submits the test, his answers are matched against the
    correct answers from the database. This is done programmatically, not
    through the HTML source, so the student can't see the correct answers.
    This script generates a results page that contains the mark for each
    question (or the overall mark if you don't want to show the result for
    individual questions).

    I would suggest having a multiple number of total questions for the
    questions on the test, such as a database of 200 questions for a test
    consisting of 20 questions, and selecting the questions randomly from
    the database.

    You might also want to check out MOODLE.

    CC

    ccc31807, Oct 15, 2009