hide information from the view source"

kwan

Hello,

I designed the examination system for the school. It is possible that
the user can retreive the questions and answer from the "view source"
which display as in a pain HTML text. It is the problem if the student
try to view the "source"; coz they will be able to copy the questions
and answers.

I used Perl CGI to write all the interface and to talk to the
database. As all the questions and answers are stored in the database.

Any hint so that I can hide the "Answers and Questions" from view
source?

Thank you

kwan

Hello,

I designed the examination system for the school. It is possible that
the user can retreive the questions and answer from the "view source"
which display as in a pain HTML text. It is the problem if the student
try to view the "source"; coz they will be able to copy the questions
and answers.

I used Perl CGI to write all the interface and to talk to the
database. As all the questions and answers are stored in the database.

Any hint so that I can hide the "Answers and Questions" from view
source?

Thank you

I not intend to post twice!!!

ccc31807

I designed the examination system for the school. It is possible that
the user can retreive the questions and answer from the "view source"
which display as in a pain HTML text. It is the problem if the student
try to view the "source"; coz they will be able to copy the questions
and answers.

I used Perl CGI to write all the interface and to talk to the
database. As all the questions and answers are stored in the database.

I assume that your questions are objective questions, such as multiple
choice or true/false, so that the 'answers' would be meaningful in an
objective sense.

When you generate the test, you generate the questions and the allowed
answers from the database. The source code would NOT contain the
correct answers, but all the allowed answers.

When the student submits the test, his answers are matched against the
correct answers from the database. This is done programmatically, not
through the HTML source, so the student can't see the correct answers.
This script generates a results page that contains the mark for each
question (or the overall mark if you don't want to show the result for
individual questions).

I would suggest having a multiple number of total questions for the
questions on the test, such as a database of 200 questions for a test
consisting of 20 questions, and selecting the questions randomly from
the database.

You might also want to check out MOODLE.

CC