view-source in mobile

Discussion in 'HTML' started by j, Dec 17, 2013.

  1. j

    j Guest

    I've got a tablet with the mobile version of Chrome (Android 4.2.2).

    How do I view the page source? I've tried adding the prefix:

    view-source:

    but this does not seem to work

    I've noticed two different behaviors of websites. The first is just the
    normal site, and you can use gestures to increase a section so that you
    can read just one column.

    The second is a mobile version. These are single column and the
    expand/contract gestures do not work.

    As we learn much from the established work of others, I'd like to get
    under the hood, so to speak.

    BTW, the Tegra Note 7 is a very nice piece of hardware!

    Jeff
    j, Dec 17, 2013

  2. "Hot-Text" <> wrote

    > "j" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got a tablet with the mobile version of Chrome (Android
    >> 4.2.2).
    >> How do I view the page source? I've tried adding the prefix:
    >> view-source:
    >> but this does not seem to work

    > Using HTML Tools on a tablet
    >
    > < https://play.google.com/store/search?q=html editor&c=apps >

    If you're still looking for a good one, I recommend VT View Source. To
    use it, share the page, and tap VT View Source icon. It has the added
    bonus of having the ability to send a page to the validator.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services - http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 31, 2013