    Can anyone give me some examples on how to do it?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Andy

    Andy Lim, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Andy Lim

    Tim Mackey Guest

    just as long as you remember that lots of users will hate you for it. for
    example, me, as a programmer, i can understand why another programmer such
    as you would want to provide a nice desktop like environment, with
    right-click context menus and a complete navigation system. but you have to
    remember it still is on the web and that means some people will want to go
    back, forward, add to favourites, view source, use their google toolbar
    'find on this page' stuff, highlight words etc.

    the nasty trick you require is here: (at least the best i could find)
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...read/thread/4925979267025f8b/bf15c5a6bd2b62ca
    you will need to do some type of window.open in javascript, because you
    can't change the current window. i think if you really really want this,
    you will have to run your site in a popup window.

    tim

    Tim Mackey, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Andy Lim

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Andy Lim" <> wrote in message

    > In my recent asp.net (2.0) project, I want to give a desktop-application
    > look and feel to my users.
    > I think I'll do it by hiding the browser's default menu & toolbar right
    > from the default page (i.e: default.aspx), which also serve as my login
    > page. And it should have cross-browsers capability.

    That will only serve to really irritate your users...

    If ever I'm forced to use a site which does that, the first thing I do is
    hit F11 to restore everything...

    Mark Rae, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Andy Lim

    Andy Lim Guest

    Hi,

    I see your points, guys.

    In this particular project, I'll be dealing with novice users. But they
    might familiar in working with a desktop appl before. So, my sole intention
    of doing so is nothing more than to make a smooth transition between these 2
    worlds in regard of convenience.

    Anyway, thanks to share your opinion.

    Regards,
    Andy