HLP files

Thiago Guedes

Hi,
how can I open a .hlp file by a link in a asp.net page?
***
<asp:hyperlink id="HyperLink1" runat="server"
NavigateUrl="help/help.HLP">Help</asp:hyperlink>
****
When the link open I dont want choose a "OPEN" or "SAVE"
options... i want just open this..

Tks,
Thiago Guedes

Richard K Bethell

Thiago Guedes said:
Hi,
how can I open a .hlp file by a link in a asp.net page?
***
<asp:hyperlink id="HyperLink1" runat="server"
NavigateUrl="help/help.HLP">Help</asp:hyperlink>
****
When the link open I dont want choose a "OPEN" or "SAVE"
options... i want just open this..

There is probably no getting around this - a .hlp help file is not a browser
file, nor is this version of help in its old compiled RTF mode set up for
any sort of inline ActiveX handling. You may be stuck with this as it is.

R.

Curt_C [MVP]

It's not your call I dont belive, not if it's a hyperlink. It's up to the
client.
Beyond that you'll have to set your IIS to process the .hlp with the aspnet
dll.