Host name query.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John Fitzsimons, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. A friend of mine wants to change her page at ;

    http://newageexpos.com.au/

    BUT when I try to access that address by FTP I get

    "Cannot get "newageexpos.com.au/" host entry.

    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please ? What should the host
    entry be ?

    Or isn't there one ? Under .....

    Hostname Management: newageexpos.com.au I see.....

    No hostnames exist for this domain.
    Create Hostnames
    Please enter the Hostname below along with its respective IP address.

    Hostname IP Address
    ................... ..........................

    What sort of details should I put if that is the problem please ?

    TIA.

    Regards, John.
    John Fitzsimons, Aug 3, 2004

  2. "John Fitzsimons" <> wrote in message

    > A friend of mine wants to change her page at ;
    >
    > http://newageexpos.com.au/
    >
    > BUT when I try to access that address by FTP I get
    >
    > "Cannot get "newageexpos.com.au/" host entry.

    You need to contact the company that hosts that domain (the webspace
    provider). They will be able to tell you what information you need to
    enter.

    --Tina

    --
    FREE: Web hosting accounts
    HOSTING: Cpanel, Multi-domains, Resellers
    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Aug 3, 2004

  3. On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:11:28 +1000, John Fitzsimons wrote:

    > A friend of mine wants to change her page at ;
    >
    > http://newageexpos.com.au/
    >
    > BUT when I try to access that address by FTP I get
    >
    > "Cannot get "newageexpos.com.au/" host entry.

    ^
    Psst: try taking the slash out of the host name field.

    --
    Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
    but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who
    Owen Jacobson, Aug 4, 2004
  4. On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:05:28 GMT, Owen Jacobson
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:11:28 +1000, John Fitzsimons wrote:

    >> A friend of mine wants to change her page at ;

    >> http://newageexpos.com.au/

    >> BUT when I try to access that address by FTP I get

    >> "Cannot get "newageexpos.com.au/" host entry.

    ^
    >Psst: try taking the slash out of the host name field.

    Thanks Owen. Unfortunately if didn't fix things. :-(

    I have got my friend to follow Tina's advice. That might help.

    Thanks Tina.

    Regards, John.
    John Fitzsimons, Aug 5, 2004