Host Webrick servlets with Apache FastCGI?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Andrew S. Townley, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. Hi folks,

    Been away from the list for a while, but I can't seem to find a good
    answer to this with google.

    I'm looking at deploying some ruby Web functionality, and I'd like to be
    able to write it as a Webrick servlet, and then have this deployable via
    an adapter of some kind with Apache FastCGI. From looking through the
    Webrick source, it seems like it would be doable, but it would take some
    time to replace the functionality of the Server#run method with an
    Apache dispatcher.

    I was hoping someone else had already solved this problem, as I think
    there's merit in this approach. As an alternative approach, I looked at
    Rails, but it seems to defer everything to a custom dispatcher anyway,
    so it's not leveraging any of the servlet class functionality.

    Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated.

    Cheers,

    ast
    --
    Andrew S. Townley <>