Hotmail blocks emails sent w/ CDONTS/CDOSYS????

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Todd M. Taylor, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Hello;

    For some reason, the email scripts on my web site can't send emails to
    Hotmail accounts. No error is generated, but no email is sent either. I've
    done some searching on this matter, and it appears as though I'm not the
    only one having this problem, but I have yet to find a solution :(

    Below is my CDOSYS script that was *supposed to* resolve the problem by
    passing the SMTP server's along with the email, but it doesn't work :(

    Have any of you had success with sending emails to Hotmail accounts via CDO?
    I don't have control over the server's setup because it's a hosted account.

    Sincerely,
    Todd M. Taylor

    <code>
    Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    objMessage.Subject = "MySite.com - Password Reminder"
    objMessage.From = ""
    objMessage.To = pEmail
    strBody = "Hello " & pUserName & ":" & VbCrLf & VbCrLf
    strBody = strBody & "Here is your requested password for logging in to
    http://www.mysite.com/" & VbCrLf & VbCrLf
    strBody = strBody & "------------------------" & VbCrLf
    strBody = strBody & "Password: " & pPassword & VbCrLf
    strBody = strBody & "------------------------"
    objMessage.TextBody = strBody

    '==This section provides the configuration information for the remote SMTP
    server.
    '==Normally you will only change the server name or IP.

    objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2

    'Name or IP of Remote SMTP Server
    objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") =
    "mail.mydomain.com"

    'Server port (typically 25)
    objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25

    objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Update

    '==End remote SMTP server configuration section==
    objMessage.Send
    </code>
    Todd M. Taylor, Feb 2, 2004