    Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
    Data::Serializer::Data::Dumper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval 8)
    [blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
    Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
    Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
    SCALAR.al in @INC

    Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)

    Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
    appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !

    Gracias and Happy Friday,
    MP

    Mr P, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Mr P

    Mr P Guest

    On Feb 16, 9:20 am, "Mr P" <> wrote:
    > Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
    > and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some page
    > results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the blob
    > into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
    > unsucessful.
    >
    > After researching Perl Data::Serializer , I sent the JAVA the 8 types
    > of supportedserializeddata. The Java guy said he had no idea which
    > would apply. I've been trying all of them with either errors, or no
    > data returned. I also tried deserialize_raw() which results in:
    >
    > Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
    > Data::Serializer::Data::Dumper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval 8)
    > [blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
    > Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
    > Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
    > SCALAR.al in @INC
    >
    > Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)
    >
    > Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
    > appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !
    >
    > Gracias and Happy Friday,
    > MP

    .... still ciphering on this. I did find a Perl module that sorta
    looked like it would do what I need: Java::IO::ObjectInputStream ,
    but it's not in CPAN.

    Could unpack be helpful with this?

    MP

    Mr P, Feb 19, 2007

  3. "Mr P" <> wrote in

    > On Feb 16, 9:20 am, "Mr P" <> wrote:
    >> Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
    >> and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some
    >> page results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the
    >> blob into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
    >> unsucessful.

    I haven't written Java in a long time. However, once reasonable solution,
    it seems to me, would be to make use of the Java classes themselves to de-
    serialize the data.

    To that end, http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/Java-Import-0.03/ or
    http://search.cpan.org/~patl/Inline-Java-0.52/Java.pod might help.

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Mr P

    Mr P Guest

    > >>... stored some
    > >> page results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the
    > >> blob into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
    > >> unsucessful.

    > I haven't written Java in a long time. However, once reasonable solution,
    > it seems to me, would be to make use of the Java classes themselves to de-
    > serialize the data.
    >
    > To that end,http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/Java...cpan.org/~patl/Inline-Java-0.52/Java.podmight help.
    >
    > Sinan

    Sinan:

    Thank-You for this suggestion, seeking the README's now. This seems
    for more esoteric than I'd anticipated.

    MP

    Mr P, Feb 21, 2007