Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
Data::Serializer::Data::Dumper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval 8)
[blib/lib/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/
Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/deserialize.al):98] line 1.
Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
SCALAR.al in @INC

Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)

Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !

Gracias and Happy Friday,
MP

Mr P

Our Java team (you know the language- the one that needs 3000 lines
and 25 classes to say HELLO WORLD), using tomcat, has stored some page
results into a MYSQL LARGE BLOB,serialized. I can fetch the blob
into a Perl scalar. But attempts to deserialize it have been
unsucessful.

After researching Perl Data::Serializer , I sent the JAVA the 8 types
of supportedserializeddata. The Java guy said he had no idea which
would apply. I've been trying all of them with either errors, or no
data returned. I also tried deserialize_raw() which results in:

Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method
Data::Serializer::Data::Dumper::SCALAR() is deprecated at (eval 8)
Data::Serializer error: Can't locate auto/Data/Serializer/Data/Dumper/
SCALAR.al in @INC

Googling for SCALAR.al produces nada. (What *is* a .al file anyhow?)

Anyhow, what looked simple has basically turned into a PITA. Advice is
appreciated and most certain NOT deprecated !

Gracias and Happy Friday,
MP

.... still ciphering on this. I did find a Perl module that sorta
looked like it would do what I need: Java::IO::ObjectInputStream ,
but it's not in CPAN.

Could unpack be helpful with this?

MP