    My question is: How can I discover whether my application was
    activated by incoming SMS or manually?

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    Sveta, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Sveta wrote:

    > I am new with J2ME.
    >
    > I have Nokia 3100 and 3205, both are MIDP.10.
    > I need that application, like chat, will be started when SMS message
    > is received. I used "Nokia-SMS-Handler-n" in my jad file and it works
    > fine for me.
    >
    > My question is: How can I discover whether my application was
    > activated by incoming SMS or manually?
    >
    > Any suggestions are welcome.

    I'm not familiar with Nokia's proprietary code, but am familiar with the
    WMA. From where do you read in your data when you're handling an SMS
    message, and are those input channels available when you start up?

    With the WMA, you can tell whether the MIDlet was launched due to an
    incoming message by checking for data in the PushRegistry. The
    listConnections() API will tell you how many pending messages are waiting.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Apr 21, 2004