    but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
    elsewhere). Thanks.

    Elmo
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 23, 2005

  2. In <>, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:

    > I know how to make a hash(using mhash), but instead of encoded as hex I
    > want it in base32 for use with the bitzi catalog. python-bitzi is useful
    > but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
    > elsewhere). Thanks.

    Doesn't Bitzi calculate some kind of audio fingerprint? Just a hash of
    the file would result in very different hash values for different codecs,
    bitrates etc. for the "same" audio data.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Jul 23, 2005

  3. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:27:44 +0200, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:

    > In <>, Elmo Mäntynen wrote:
    >
    >> I know how to make a hash(using mhash), but instead of encoded as hex I
    >> want it in base32 for use with the bitzi catalog. python-bitzi is useful
    >> but way too slow for just getting the hash of a file(am going to use it
    >> elsewhere). Thanks.

    > Doesn't Bitzi calculate some kind of audio fingerprint? Just a hash of
    > the file would result in very different hash values for different codecs,
    > bitrates etc. for the "same" audio data.
    >
    > Ciao,
    > Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    I don't think it does, but musicbrainz is designed for just that, and
    there's a ptyhon binding for using the libs.

    Elmo
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Elmo_M=E4ntynen?=, Jul 24, 2005