    Publish Web Site in VS.NET 2005 helps but I don't want it to copy web.config
    to from development to staging.

    It doesn't seem be a way around it, or maybe I'm missing something?

    Stan B, Apr 5, 2007

  2. I don't think there is an easy way around this. However, if you have settings
    that you don't want to have to re-enter, you can use the appSettings section
    that allows you to specify an external file from which the appSettings
    section is loaded. The appSettings element attribute is 'file=...'
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Stan B

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Apr 5, 2007
  4. Stan B

    Stan B Guest

    I found a workaround:

    1. Publish web site to the local IIS
    2. Add compiled web site from local ISS to VS.NET solution
    3. Using Copy Web tool select all files in the source site except web.config

    Stan B, Apr 6, 2007