How can I separate FORM SELECT with multiple selections?

Stian

Hi!

I have made a form with two SELECT LIST-boxes where the first is dynmically
filled when you enter the page, and then one can select multiple options
from the list and move across to the other box using javascript. Every
option in the list has an integer value.

The FORM is submitted with the POST method and received on an ASP page. I
then want to manage the selected options one by one. How can I separate
them?

It currently looks like this (with four selections from the box).
1, 5, 9, 10

I tried to manage this as a string, but was told that it was not a string.
Type mismatch: '[string: "1, 5, 9, 10"]'

Can anyone help med with some code that can separate these options for
further work?

Regards, Stian

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Stian said:
Hi!

I have made a form with two SELECT LIST-boxes where the first is
dynmically filled when you enter the page, and then one can select
multiple options from the list and move across to the other box using
javascript. Every option in the list has an integer value.

The FORM is submitted with the POST method and received on an ASP
page. I then want to manage the selected options one by one. How can
I separate them?

It currently looks like this (with four selections from the box).
1, 5, 9, 10

I tried to manage this as a string, but was told that it was not a
string. Type mismatch: '[string: "1, 5, 9, 10"]'

Can anyone help med with some code that can separate these options for
further work?

Regards, Stian

Show the line of code that caused that error.

Bob Barrows