How can I simply invert the floating point number?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Siwat Saibua, Sep 20, 2007.

  1. Siwat Saibua

    Siwat Saibua

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,I am working on fast inversion project and now I need to find a simply inversion code to compare with mind. I searched on some sources but most of them was used ieee.numeric_unsigned.Code Example from that website:
    -------------------------
    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.numeric_unsigned.all;

    entity divider is
    port(DI : in std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
    DO : out std_logic_vector(7 downto 0));
    end divider;
    architecture archi of divider is
    begin
    DO = 1 / DI;
    end archi;
    It didn't work with my complier.Do you have any suggestion where can I find either the simply dividing code that I can apply as an inversion code or inversion code itself would be great. The result should come out B<= 1 / A, in case A is std_logic_vector
    Siwat Saibua, Sep 20, 2007

  2. Siwat Saibua

    Siwat Saibua

    Joined: