How can I skip debugging Ajax when debugging my code?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AAaron123, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    I downloaded AjaxControlToolkit.dll and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb.

    Put them in my bin folder.

    Now I read:
    The ASP.NET AJAX architecture provides a model for release and debug modes.

    The same dll file?
    Or is there two files, one for debug and one for release?

    I wasn't given a debug/release option when I downloaded.

    What I want is to not to debug Ajax.

    I can generate enough bugs myself to keep me busy.

    When try to debug my code and get to
    slides(0) = New AjaxControlToolkit.Slide(...

    It wants to debug the Ajax code.

    How can I skip debugging Ajax when debugging my code?

    Thanks
    AAaron123, Jul 28, 2009

  2. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    AAaron123 wrote:
    > I downloaded AjaxControlToolkit.dll and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb.
    >
    > Put them in my bin folder.
    >
    > Now I read:
    > The ASP.NET AJAX architecture provides a model for release and debug
    > modes.
    >
    > The same dll file?
    > Or is there two files, one for debug and one for release?
    >
    > I wasn't given a debug/release option when I downloaded.
    >

    > What I want is to not to debug Ajax.
    >
    > I can generate enough bugs myself to keep me busy.
    >

    > When try to debug my code and get to
    > slides(0) = New AjaxControlToolkit.Slide(...
    >
    > It wants to debug the Ajax code.
    >
    > How can I skip debugging Ajax when debugging my code?
    >

    > Thanks

    All I have to do is post and then I'll discover what I want.

    I removed the pdb file as a test and now it debugs OK.

    I still like to know if an asmx file must be in the root folder.

    I can only get it to work if I leave it in the root.

    Is that expected?

    I'd rather have it in App-Code.

    Thanks
    AAaron123, Jul 28, 2009

  3. "AAaron123" <> wrote in news:e3gBrQ4DKHA.4004
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > All I have to do is post and then I'll discover what I want.

    hehehe!

    This is my normal mode of operation. The psychology behind this is your
    brain is free to solve the problem once you think you have gotten rid of
    it. Posting gets it out your mind.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Jul 28, 2009
  4. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    Now I have to learn how to debug including going through the Toolkit code.
    I'd like to do that to see why it returns without doing anything and not
    showing an error.

    I tried the sample website that comes with the toolkit source and it does
    step through the toolkit code.

    It has the entire toolkit source files in its solution.

    So I did the following:

    Copied all the folders like ar, es, de... as well as the .dll and pdb into
    my bin folder.

    Added the ajaxControlToolkit project with the source into my solution.

    This works but I'm sure it is not the best.

    I need to find out:

    1) How to include in my solution only what I need.

    2) How to debug my code stepping over any Tool kit code.

    3) How to debug my code stepping into any Tool kit code.

    For the 2 and 3 I don't imagine adding and deleting code is the best way!

    I appreciate answers from anyone on any of the above.

    Thanks
    AAaron123, Jul 28, 2009