how can I use Berkeley DB XML 1.1.0 from Python 2.3 (on Windows) ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Harald Massa, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Harald Massa

    Harald Massa Guest

    I found Berkeley DB XML while searching for XML-Databases.

    I want to use it from PYHTON - and I found examples.py in the
    distribution. But... examples.py tries to import

    from dbxml import *
    from bsddb3.db import *

    I do not have dbxml or bsddb3 on my computer ... using Python 2.3, I
    think bsddb3 is superceeded by bsddb

    but where do I get dbxml?

    Googling gave me a some hits, but they all appeared to be other dbxml
    modules than being connected to berkeley db xml

    reading the FAQs pointed me to installation-instructions on MAC OS, they
    were still dealing with installing bsddb3 ... as much I understand from
    "python 2.3 what's new" - bsddb3 ist integrated. No word about Module /
    package dbxml there, either.

    Tnx

    Harald

    Harald Massa, Sep 16, 2003