How can we restrict the ip range to access my web application

ad

I want to restrict only a range of ip can access my web application.
How can I do that ?

Guest

Look in IIS - the virtual directory properties - security... there you will
see an option for restricting access by IP.

ad

Can we do the restriction in application?

mr fox said:
Look in IIS - the virtual directory properties - security... there you will
see an option for restricting access by IP.

Mark Rae

Can we do the restriction in application?

You could put some code in the Application_Start method in Global.asax which
interrogated the IP address of the incoming request and then redirected
somewhere else if the address was outside your allowed range. This might, in
fact, be your only option for a site hosted on a public ISP which doesn't
allow you access to the virtual directory settings.