    to this problem.

    please advise. thanks!!

    , Dec 7, 2004

  2. Sudsy Guest

    Re: how client-side presentation code interacts with server-sidesorting/filter code?

    wrote:
    > how client-side presentation code interacts with server-side
    > sorting/filter code?
    >
    > I have a html table that has sorting and filter capabilities. The
    > sorting and filter features
    > are done by server side Java code. When the user clicks the icon, it
    > should trigger
    > the javascript onClick event, and then to submit the request to the
    > server and get the
    > new table. The question is how client-side code talk to server-side
    > code? I know
    > this is a very common question, and there should be a common technique
    > to this problem.

    There certainly is! It's often called the MVC (Model View Controller)
    model. You click on the page controls and it sends a message to the
    controller which then informs the view as to how it should present
    the data in the underlying model. A common implementation is available
    in the Struts framework.
    Or perhaps you were asking something else?

    Sudsy, Dec 8, 2004