How debug jdk library?

Roedy Green

With Eclipse

It has been a long time since I used Eclipse, but I presume it is
similar to Idea. To use a library, you configure the IDE point your
IDE to the jar files, the source code (src.zip) and the Javadoc.

I would think it would do this by default.

Perhaps the problem came when you upgraded your JDK without telling
your IDE.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Borneq

W dniu 2011-05-28 00:42, Roedy Green pisze:
It has been a long time since I used Eclipse, but I presume it is
similar to Idea. To use a library, you configure the IDE point your
IDE to the jar files, the source code (src.zip) and the Javadoc.

I debug but have several problems: MethodUtil.java not found and
JComponent.java has no debug info line.
I have source OpenJDK. Is posssible compile it and use instead
"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23" class and its src.zip ?

Borneq

W dniu 2011-05-28 01:08, Borneq pisze:
I have source OpenJDK. Is posssible compile it and use instead
"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23" class and its src.zip ?

Instead "c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar"

Robert Klemme

As Roedy told you, you can configure Eclipse to point to the source for
your version of Java. (6u23 is old, BTW. You need to upgrade.) Then you
have to configure Eclipse not to skip over library calls. The details
are in the Eclipse documentation.

Actually this will be set up by default when using a JDK IMHO. It may
be though that somewhere in debug settings java.* is excluded from
stepping or such. Certainly worthwhile to check.

Kind regards

robert