  1. Borneq

    Borneq Guest

    How to debug file from standard library, for example class JComponent ?

    Borneq, May 27, 2011

  2. Borneq

    Borneq Guest

    W dniu 2011-05-28 00:26, Borneq pisze:
    > How to debug file from standard library, for example class JComponent ?

    With Eclipse

    Borneq, May 27, 2011

  3. Borneq

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 28 May 2011 00:35:54 +0200, Borneq <>

    >> How to debug file from standard library, for example class JComponent ?

    >With Eclipse

    It has been a long time since I used Eclipse, but I presume it is
    similar to Idea. To use a library, you configure the IDE point your
    IDE to the jar files, the source code (src.zip) and the Javadoc.

    I would think it would do this by default.

    Perhaps the problem came when you upgraded your JDK without telling
    your IDE.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, May 27, 2011
  4. Borneq

    Borneq Guest

    W dniu 2011-05-28 00:42, Roedy Green pisze:
    > It has been a long time since I used Eclipse, but I presume it is
    > similar to Idea. To use a library, you configure the IDE point your
    > IDE to the jar files, the source code (src.zip) and the Javadoc.

    I debug but have several problems: MethodUtil.java not found and
    JComponent.java has no debug info line.
    I have source OpenJDK. Is posssible compile it and use instead
    "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23" class and its src.zip ?

    Borneq, May 28, 2011
  5. Borneq

    Borneq Guest

    W dniu 2011-05-28 01:08, Borneq pisze:
    > I have source OpenJDK. Is posssible compile it and use instead
    > "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23" class and its src.zip ?

    Instead "c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar"

    Borneq, May 28, 2011
  6. On 28.05.2011 02:18, Lew wrote:
    > Borneq wrote:
    >>> I have source OpenJDK. Is posssible compile it and use instead
    >>> "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23" class and its src.zip ?

    >> Instead "c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar"

    > As Roedy told you, you can configure Eclipse to point to the source for
    > your version of Java. (6u23 is old, BTW. You need to upgrade.) Then you
    > have to configure Eclipse not to skip over library calls. The details
    > are in the Eclipse documentation.

    Actually this will be set up by default when using a JDK IMHO. It may
    be though that somewhere in debug settings java.* is excluded from
    stepping or such. Certainly worthwhile to check.

    Kind regards

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

    Robert Klemme, May 28, 2011