How do I change mouse pointer with DropDownList control?

samiam@boston

I have a dropdownlist "ddl" on ASPX page. I want to change the mouse to
hourglass when user changes the selection on the dropdown. The hourglass is
to indicate a lengthy operation is occurring - a database is accessed and
some business logic is implemented and finally another control datagrid on
the page is updated. Now I want to change the mouse pointer BACK TO NORMAL to
indicate the operation has finished.

code-behind page has this code.

private void ddl_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
UpdateDataGrid();
}

I can insert a javascript code for the hourglass and call it in the above
function with something like this.

ddl.Attributes.Add("onChange", "javascript:return DoHourGlass();");

However, how do I change back to normal when operation finishes?

Isn't there a way to do this entirely in ASP.NET w/o explicitly writing
javascript?

Whatever way there is, please help!! Thanks.