How do I change mouse pointer with DropDownList control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by samiam@boston, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. I have a dropdownlist "ddl" on ASPX page. I want to change the mouse to
    hourglass when user changes the selection on the dropdown. The hourglass is
    to indicate a lengthy operation is occurring - a database is accessed and
    some business logic is implemented and finally another control datagrid on
    the page is updated. Now I want to change the mouse pointer BACK TO NORMAL to
    indicate the operation has finished.

    code-behind page has this code.

    private void ddl_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    UpdateDataGrid();
    }

    I can insert a javascript code for the hourglass and call it in the above
    function with something like this.

    ddl.Attributes.Add("onChange", "javascript:return DoHourGlass();");

    However, how do I change back to normal when operation finishes?

    Isn't there a way to do this entirely in ASP.NET w/o explicitly writing
    javascript?

    Whatever way there is, please help!! Thanks.

    samiam@boston, Jun 30, 2005