How do I copy App_Data info to production server?

Paolo

I have been following a few walkthroughs that came with VS 2005, and they
work fine (I had to change the machine.config files to work with my SQL 2005
Pro version, instead of the SQL 2005 Express). Pages dealing with logins,
New users, etc... locally work fine, I am able to add users, log in or off,
etc...

Now, I would like to see how to do that when I copy the pages to the remote
production server of my ISP. Right now, it is running SQL 2000, in a week
it will be running 2005.

Just trying to copy everything does not work. How can I get to use the
pages that (seem to) depend on the App_Data file in the solution explorer to
work on the remote computer? The rest of the site written using VS2005 that
uses the remote sql 2000 server work fine.

TIA, and Happy New Year!

Guest

If you are using membership, you are forced to either set up an Access or SQL
database (or write a custom provider). SQL Server 2005 can be set up to work
off of an MDB file without much work; SQL Server 2000 forces you to attach
the MDB as a database (no automagic stuff). Bearing this in mind, you cannot
simply copy app_data for SQL 2000.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA