How Do I create a SVC File That References A WCF Class Library???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pbd22, Aug 6, 2009.

  1. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    OK.

    MY QUESTION:

    I am having a really hard time understanding how I create a SVC
    file in my Web Project that points to a WCF Class Library created in
    the same solution.

    BACKGROUND:

    I have a solution and in it, WebUI and WCF Class Library

    MYSolution
    - MyWebUI
    - MyWCFClassLib

    Now, I am trying to add SVC files to my web project so I can
    expose my various endpoints.

    MySolution
    -MyWebUI
    ----MyService.SVC
    -MyWCFClassLib
    ---- AuthService (Auth.cs, IAuth.cs, AuthService.cs)
    ---- TradeService (Trade.cs, ITrade.cs, TradeService.cs)

    MY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ARE:

    1) Do I need to create a new SVC file for each namespace?
    Since I have both Authentication and Trade I would have
    auth.svc and trade.svc ?

    2) I have been advised in another forum that I should not be
    referencing my WCF class library in my Web Project. Assuming I
    understood this correctly, is this right? If my SVC file for
    Authentication looks like this:

    <%@ServiceHost language="c#" Debug="true"
    Service="MyProject.WebAPI.Authentication, WebAPILibrary" %>

    How does it know about the assembly if it is not a class reference?

    Clarification much appreciated.

    pbd22, Aug 6, 2009