How do I do this?

JD

Hi guys

I want to make a page like this:

http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/

with a drop-shadow effect on the left and right edges of the main table.
I need the shadow to be the same height as the table, which will vary
according to content.

I can think of a few ways to do it but which is the best way?

o having 1-pixel table cells for each colour?

o having a <td> each side with a background image of the shadow?

o having a nested table on each side with a background image of the shadow?

I want to use tables for layout, not CSS.

Thanks for your time

Dirk

JD said:
Hi guys

I want to make a page like this:

http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/

with a drop-shadow effect on the left and right edges of the main table.
I need the shadow to be the same height as the table, which will vary
according to content.
Use a centered background image like this one:
http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/mt/themes/theme-powell_street/body-bg-wide.gif

I can think of a few ways to do it but which is the best way?

o having 1-pixel table cells for each colour?

o having a <td> each side with a background image of the shadow?

o having a nested table on each side with a background image of the
shadow?
You don't really mean that, are you?

Dirk

Dirk

JD said:
Hi guys

I want to make a page like this:

http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/

with a drop-shadow effect on the left and right edges of the main table.
I need the shadow to be the same height as the table, which will vary
according to content.
Use a centered background image like this one:
http://han.grumblemutterspit.org/mt/themes/theme-powell_street/body-bg-wide.gif

I can think of a few ways to do it but which is the best way?

o having 1-pixel table cells for each colour?

o having a <td> each side with a background image of the shadow?

o having a nested table on each side with a background image of the
shadow?
You don't really mean that, are you?

I want to use tables for layout, not CSS. Why?

Thanks for your time

Dirk