How Do I Get a Frame To Remember Contents

Steve Karnath

Hello All,

The page I am using is a frameset page (2framepage.htm) with 2 frames
(mainframe & headerframe).
From this page I have a link that opens a different frameset page
(3framepage.htm) with 3 frames (mainframe, headerframe, menuframe).
I would like the "mainframe" in 3framepage.htm to contain whatever page was
navigated to in 2framepage.htm prior to opening the new frameset page.
In other words "mainframe" needs to remember where it was when swapping
framesets.
The content in "menuframe" and "headerframe" never changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Best Regards,
Steve Karnath

CryingClinton

JavaScript can run cross-frames, so you can store variants, functions in one
frame and call them from another.

An Example for this is - assuming the following statement is in your
menuframe:

alert(parent.name_of_mainframe.location.href); // name_of_mainframe is
defined in you headerframe like: <FRAME name="name_of_mainframe" ...>

To access the header frame, use: alert(top.location.href);

ccton