How do I hold FORM DATA if user gets booted out of system..

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by davidgordon@scene-double.co.uk, Nov 18, 2005.

    I have an intranet system I created in ASP.
    A problem I seem to run into now and then is when users are seletcting
    multiple lines of updates in a form, i.e.

    They enter quanties, select items from dropdowns and then some script
    adds this info to 1 line within a textarea field.
    The user may enter any amount of lines of data to submit.

    Because our intranet is hosted on our internal servers, sometimes our
    router may go down, or they may get booted of the web page for some
    other reason .... then .... obviously, all their form data is lost.

    Is there any way to preserve this info, so that if they have to
    re-login, they can just refresh the form with the last entered
    info...i.e., is there an auto save facility within asp or some script
    to hold the info as it is typed as an idea ?

    Appreciate your help

    David
    , Nov 18, 2005

  2. Patrice Guest

    IMHO it would be better to secure those elements though you don't have to.
    If you really want it depends what fails. You could do something server side
    for example if this is a session expiration. You have also some capabilities
    client side but this is likely browser specific (you have a persistance
    "behavior" under IE, try to Google for this).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Nov 21, 2005