How do I open a new window select from dropdownlist?

Guest

Hi,

I'm new to .net and I want to accomplish something I used to do in
javascript...When a user clicks on a selection from a dropdownlist, I want to
open a different page in a new window (while keeping the original window
open). The value of the selected option must be passed to the new page and I
don't want to pass it in a URL. My dropdownlist is a server control with an
arraylist as a datasource.

Thanks for any help!

Guest

If you do not want to pass the value from the URL, then try to use the
session. But remember to clear the session after you retrieve the value, so
that you do not overload the server.

Since your drop down list is a server control, you could set the
autopostback property to true, then call the new windows on the
"SelectedIndexChanged" event.

hope its help

weichung